A new tank for Dave

mbdave

If they spawn I might, mostly I just want to see how the beads work out with FO and no skimming. I plan on also throwing a few damsels or somethin gin it to bring the bio load up.

mbdave

Well yesterday I got a big box of goodies from a great hobbiest and friend "Sanjay the light guy" My tank is now well over my limit of coral and my sea grass tank may never see any grass due to no room:) Some of the frags he sent were amazing I am just so thankful he considers me a frined I am so lucky. I will get some pics as soon as everything settles down.
\

catran

Cool, I love rimless tanks. They have such a clean, modern look. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Actually, while checking out the link you gave, I noticed the 5.5g. That may be a nice nano for my new office that I move to in June/July/August (depending on construction deadline).

Dweezil

Dave Dave Dave.... Didn't you get rid of the RSM because you wanted to "downsize"? LOL Everything looks great!

mbdave

Here are some pictures it has been awhile...

5-2011062.jpg

Hawkins Echinata and some frags I got from Sanjay.

5-2011061.jpg

Red planet and my favites.

5-2011059.jpg

My blue with orange rim and center fungia and the orange cycloserus behind it.

5-2011068.jpg

My chalice

5-2011060.jpg

Red table frag, green fungia half, and a green acro frag half..

5-2011067.jpg

Palythoa grandis.

5-2011070.jpg

RPE's, Lunar Eclipse palys, purple stylo, pink stylo, Meteor shower cyphastrea, yellow watchman peeking around the right.

Enjoy more coming later.

mbdave

A few shots of progress.
5-2011084.jpg

Full tank shot main tank.
5-2011083.jpg

Angle full tank.
5-2011078.jpg

Middle of the tank love that Monti.
Now my real true love, "my sea grass tank/refugium.
5-2011089-1.jpg
5-2011086.jpg

My favites real sweet really need to mount it:)
5-2011085.jpg

This is a new growth an the shoal grass I'm more happy about this than way back when I first got sps to grow.
5-2011093.jpg

This is new growth Turtle Grass was somewhat difficult to acclimate but seems to be running now.
5-2011092.jpg

Of course these guys "my last wild clowns" are snug as a bug within the heliofungia surrounded by grass. This is the way I saw this coral in the Philippines and always wanted to mimic the environment, "just no clowns".

Frankie

RS STAFF
That sea grass is so cool and natural looking with the anemone sitting in it like that. Awesome picture Dave :thumbup:

catran

Dave, very cool FTS's! What kind of lights do you have on the SPS? I can't seem to be able to keep acro's. I do great with milli's and Monti's...
Yours are looking great, what's the secret?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
5-2011092.jpg

Dave this is one of my all time FAVORITE pictures. Seeing how you re-created something from the wild is just awesome! Keep up the great work buddy!

mbdave

"Dave hides his shame at the late reply"
I use the Hamilton Caymen fixture, with Giesmens 22k mega chrome lamps. I have a 250w DE over the reef, and a 150w DE over the sea grass tank. I have the hamilton ballast on the 250w and a lumarek electronic I believe is the name on the 150w. I prefer the electronic by far you can really drive the lamp bright.
My only complaint on the fixture is the moonlight led is on the side of the fixture only covering a small area on one side of the tank.

Hamilton Cayman Sun Reflector, fixture,
Lumatek 250W 120/240V Dimmable / Multi-Wattage Ballast Kit, ballast,
22000K Metal Halide Bulb - Megachrome Blue, Mogul Base, lamp,
I did not see the 150w? If you want to look in to 150, call them MD is pretty good.

Dave, very cool FTS's! What kind of lights do you have on the SPS? I can't seem to be able to keep acro's. I do great with milli's and Monti's...
Yours are looking great, what's the secret?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk