Search results

1. C

Need to replace Rio 3100 return pump and skimmer/pump

I'm not sure exactly what the Rio is currently doing flow-wise. It's the only pump I've ever used though, so I can't really say if it's too much or too little. Looking at a chart online, it supposedly pumps 500 gph at 6' which i guess probably isn't enough for my size tank. I am also running...
  2. C

Need to replace Rio 3100 return pump and skimmer/pump

I have a 75 gallon DT and makeshift sump (rubbermaid tub) with kent float valves in it for ATO system. I bought the entire setup a few years back and never replaced the Rio pumps that came with it. Now that they are finally crapping out, I want to replace them with something halfway decent...
  3. C

London Aquarium

Thanks. That's what I wanted to know. I will only be in London for three days out of the trip, so maybe we'll skip that aquarium.
  4. C

London Aquarium

Thanks Doc. I've seen that site before and was hoping to get a little more info about the site, pref. from someone who has seen it in person. I'm leaving in 3 weeks and still trying to decide whether or not to go.
  5. C

CRACK! Is it done for?

I agree with all of the above. You might be able to repair it, but would it be worth the risk to come in to 15 gallons of water on your floor, and all fish and corals dead one day? I couldn't imagine that situation, so I too say replace it.
  6. C

Nova Extreme Pro T-5 problems

I hear ya. I've been meaning to replace them with Guissemans as soon as the funds are available. That said, what makes the stock bulbs junk? Not that I disagree with you, but just wondering what makes them inferior? For now, all is well with the fixture. Been working 100% the way it...
  7. C

DIY Auto Top off

Wow! That looks very nice and professional. Good work! I still have gravity-fed system elevated with a cinder block that uses Kent valves.
  8. C

Cooling fans

Make sure and measure the part of the tank you plan to clip that Azoo fan onto. I bought one last year, but the top edge of my tank was too thick for it to fit, so I ended up having it balanced on the cross bar that runs down the middle of my tank - effective but not very safe. I don't use it...
  9. C

Advice needed for crashing tank...

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if anything else other than WC and carbon was needed. She actually wasn't gone the enitre week...just for the weekend. Anyhow, I'm kicking myself for not reminding her to turn of her skimmer. I think she thought that because she had the doors to the room closed the...
  10. C

Advice needed for crashing tank...

My mom has a 55g tank that she has had for several years actually. She (had) a few chromis, an ocellaris (I think), a bit of LR, and a TON of mushrooms in it, but not much more. Over the last week, they have had a good bit of work done to their house in preparation to sell. This includes...
  11. C

I got my replacement fixture - brand new - yesterday from my LFS. Works perfectly. Already, I'm much happier than with the last. We'll see if it lasts. I hope I just got a bad one last time.
  12. C

Sorry to cause a panic folks. I'm pretty sure they don't have an overall bad reputation....just wanted to share my situation. I'm sure it's something extremely simple whether it be a bulb making poor contact or a loose wire.
  13. C

Actually, I know for a fact that one switch turns on 2 lights and the other switch turns on the other 4. I thought that was a little strange too, but it's definitely wired that way. Each switch also controls one of the two fans. I was wondering if any of the lights being out caused the...
  14. C

Wont a simple sump do?

I bet my sump is more simple than anyone's. Too simple in fact. It's a 55g Rubbermaid tub with no baffles. I do have Kent float valves installed into it: one directly from my RODI and the other is gravity fed from a holding tank used for Kalk. The skimmer sits on one side and the return pump...
  15. C

Good point. Maybe it is just a bad bulb. I'm not messing with the wiring. It's too new to be acting up like that. I've only had it for a little over a month or so. Question: Is it wired in sequence so that if one bulb is bad it affects all of the others on that circuit?
  16. C

Sounds exactly like what I've got going on. Good to know that I'm not just crazy! If you bought it within a year, it's definitely still under warranty. Maybe you could find the purchase on your credit card history. My LFS was awesome about it, but don't know where you ordered yours through...
  17. C

Thanks. I've heard a few horror stories, but mostly good things from people who have them. I'm sure it will be no big deal getting a new one - it's already on order.
  18. C

London Aquarium

Anyone? Beuler?
  19. C

I'm having electrical issues with my new fixture and just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same type of thing. I've actually had issues since I got it about 2 months ago. Some of the bulbs are very positional, and I have to mess with them for a long time to get them to work. When I...
  20. C

London Aquarium

Has anyone ever been to the London aquarium or know anything about it? I'm going to Europe in July and was wondering if it would be worth planning to visit.