Nova Extreme Pro T-5 problems

I got my replacement fixture - brand new - yesterday from my LFS. Works perfectly. Already, I'm much happier than with the last. We'll see if it lasts. I hope I just got a bad one last time.

carmexx

Well, I'm back, and it is June 1st and I am having issues with my 6 bulb fixture. One bulb keeps shorting the other bulb out when i try to twist it on. I have 5 bulbs working and have written an email to the LFS I bought it from although they are not local if you know what i'm sayin.(online purchase) Hopefully i'll hear good news back since it is only 3 months old.

The stock bulbs should be replaced anyway. They are junk.

I hear ya. I've been meaning to replace them with Guissemans as soon as the funds are available. That said, what makes the stock bulbs junk? Not that I disagree with you, but just wondering what makes them inferior?

For now, all is well with the fixture. Been working 100% the way it should since I got it.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I just got my 36" Nova Extreme Pro yesterday. It has 6 x 39 watt T5's and is very bright.
I will post here if I have any issues with it but so far so good....

smkndrgn142

Who's got anything good to say about this fixture? I'm thinking about getting the 48" 6 bulb fixture...any recommends?

dianezoo

I have the 48" T5 with 6 bulbs, I have one bulb that sometime needs a nudge
otherwise been ok. When its time to replace the bulbs it should be fine. (I'm hoping).