London Aquarium

Has anyone ever been to the London aquarium or know anything about it? I'm going to Europe in July and was wondering if it would be worth planning to visit.

Thanks Doc. I've seen that site before and was hoping to get a little more info about the site, pref. from someone who has seen it in person. I'm leaving in 3 weeks and still trying to decide whether or not to go.

yvr

I have been to the London aquarium about 6 times over the past few years, as I am often in London for Business and stay in a hotel close by in Westminster. Unfortunately if you have been to any of the major public aquariums in North America ie. Georgia, Monterey, New England, Shedd etc. you will most likely be quite disappointed with the exhibit caliber of the London Aquarium. The facility is for-profit unlike many of its North American counterparts and was built on shoe string budget although some money was put into renovation on its shark tank earlier this year.

If I was to recommend a public aquarium in the UK I would say that visiting the National Marine Aquarium in Plymouth would be a much better bet if you want to see a world class facility.