Cooling fans

Seprock

I have taken the hood off my 130 and put a 24" mh light on my RSM. The open hood, with the increase lighting kind of balanced each other out, and I am getting about a 5 degree swing every day. I am looking for a cooling fan that has been proven to fit on the rsm back. Anyone have any suggestions?
2qxygdz.jpg

jgking21

I don't have a RSM, but I just raised my light and it seems to have helped. It is now about 6" from the water. Is there a way that you can hang the light from the ceiling? I have to keep my ceiling fan on in the room also, and was thinking of getting a clip on fan to blow arcoss the light. But adding a fan will also increase the amount of evaporation that you get. Sorry I can't be of more help.

yungreefer2410

i bought fans from windydayzz.com and they work great and are silent. as to if they fit on the back of the rsm, can't help you there. does the rsm come with fans in the hood? if so take those out and attach them to the back

Seprock

Unfortunately I can't hang the light I had already thought about that. My tank is under a vaulted ceiling and that would be too difficult. I do believe a clip on fan would be just the help I need. There are several on the web, but I just don't know if the clamps would fit on my tank. Here are a few I am looking at
aquarium_fan_dual.jpg
azfan.jpg

r1200GSA

The Azoo you have pictured should fit, certainly will on the back, blowing air over to the front, not sure about the actual rim of the tank. I have one for my sump under the 130, tonight I will try it on the rim for you if you like?

Make sure and measure the part of the tank you plan to clip that Azoo fan onto. I bought one last year, but the top edge of my tank was too thick for it to fit, so I ended up having it balanced on the cross bar that runs down the middle of my tank - effective but not very safe. I don't use it anymore.

Seprock

The Azoo you have pictured should fit, certainly will on the back, blowing air over to the front, not sure about the actual rim of the tank. I have one for my sump under the 130, tonight I will try it on the rim for you if you like?

R12 that would be awesome. When you take the hood off there is a plastic wall that come up off the back, so it may have to go on there, just not sure. I know I am being a pain in the a$$ about this, If whatever I buy does not fit I can return it, but that is a giant hassle, so I would rather go slower and do as much research as possible up front. Thanks again R12 I will eagerly await your findings!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I run the Azoo dual fan and it does a great job. It won't fit over the wide left & right sections of the back, but it will fit on the thin rim in the middle of the back, sort of. Mine kind of balances against the back of my Orbit hood.

fivel

Is the Azoo fan quiet? I am looking at adding a couple fans to blow across the lights as well as across the top of the water and would like to keep the noise down as much as possible :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Is the Azoo fan quiet? I am looking at adding a couple fans to blow across the lights as well as across the top of the water and would like to keep the noise down as much as possible :)

Very quiet! Sometimes I have to put my hand in front of to be sure it's working, and my tank is very quiet. They have a 2 fan and 4 fan model. I have the 2 fan, but would expect the 4 fan to be just as quiet.