Search results

1. PEMfish

D&D Marine

Is D&D Marine still in business? ( maker of the Termintor II skimmer ) They have not been responding to emails, and there phone lines are disconnected. Anybody know aything? Did they close? New contact inforation?
  2. PEMfish

110 Gallon Tank For Sale

I have an used 110g tank up for grabs here. A bit of wear and a few light chips and scratches. Its the old brick style. For those of you not familiar with this it refers to using thicker glass in the construction of the tank eliminating the center brace ( nice ). Included with the tank and...
  3. PEMfish

FS: 10-20g Black Stand

Up for grabs is a Black MDF aquarium stand. I had a 10g on it for little wile some time ago but value the space its taking up now more than it itself. I dont want to just throw it out though, its in great condition. It can handle up to a 20g tank and has one shelf inside. I am located about an...
  4. PEMfish

WTB: 48"x18" Oeanic black oak stand

Must be in great condition. http://www.oceanicsystems.com/assets/006/12548_400wh.jpg You'll need a way to get it too 60174. See what you can figure out, I'll pay for it if the total cost is reasonable.
  5. PEMfish

My SW

Over the past few years ( about 3 ) I have had a few SW tanks. My second one, a 31g was always troubled with equipment failure, if you could call it that, nothing worked to begin with. After a few moths of that I set up a spare tank I had, a 29g. This is still going, its in my unfinished...
  6. PEMfish

RODI pressure

I currently have the saddle vale for my RODI as the first service when the water pipe comes into the house. before the water branches off to the heater, sinks, toilets or showers it passes the saddle valve fore the RODI. I have never taken any pressure readings but based on the fact the RODI...
  7. PEMfish

OT. Need help from the computer smart

I was opening a file in Paint shop pro. When the window came up displaying My documents I selected the folder My music, My pictures, My video and corel user files is in. I coughed as I did that and accidentally dropped the folder into another one ( named project ). I canceled the folder move. I...
  8. PEMfish

SeaQuest Marine

I have not yet ordered from them but spoke to Jim over the phone. Very helpful. Like I said I have not yet ordered from them but plan to. Would already recomend them. Frankie- thank you for recommending them to me.
  9. PEMfish

OT: Lifes speed

I Realize that life is going by, and gaining speed. I really realized this a few years ago. Its really been picking up ( speeding by ) lately. Each day is a smaller portion of your life. When your little everything amazes and entertains. As it all goes by less and less stands out to you. It all...
  10. PEMfish

Running free; Growing wild

As I explain in my rebuild thread ( link is in my sig, check it out ) My reef was very problematic and I slacked off on maintenance. I would go weeks without scrubbing algae as the light didn't permit access. Water changes were also few. Now all this didn't make for a nice display, my concern...
  11. PEMfish

Planted article revision help

I have just typed up this article tonight and know that I always think my writing is acceptable when its fresh. It not for months that i start to see the flaws. I am asking for help revising it. Watch to be sure of; consistency of terms No repetitiveness Ease of reading; flow Voice...
  12. PEMfish

renaissance glorieuse; A reef chronicle

As many of you may know I have the acrylic reef tank, its a horribly problematic system. Well its time to do something about it. This thread will chronicle the tearing down, and re building of the reef. Current stats; 48x 11x 13.5"t 31g DT, 34x 13x 10't dual fuge ( a 20g tank divided into...
  13. PEMfish

Paint safe to use underwater?

Dose anyone know for sure what, if any type of paint is safe to use in an aquarium? Of course none is safe until dried, cured and whatever.
  14. PEMfish

My reef started a fire

Arson!, Arson!, Arson!, My reef started a fire! I was passing through near my bedroom and noticed the strong smell of electrical fire. I hunted the smell into my room (where the reef is ) and immediately named the reef as No1 suspect. But no sing could be found of this fire. Eventually I...
  15. PEMfish

BUILD THREAD giving thanks to all..

I feel that the names of my build threads are throwing people off. I have had not one post in my FW build other than Wit commenting on the title. I will privately thank anyone who contributes to my builds...
  16. PEMfish

PEMs Freshwater Planted 65G build

Well after some debate with myself I have made the decision to upgrade my 29g redneck equipped to a 65g. Bottled CO2, 6x 36" T5 HO DIY fixture, custom DIY stand and hood- Maple most likely. Filtration will wither be an moded AC 110 or canister, I am leaning toward canister. I was in my...
  17. PEMfish

Carpet anemone

Wow; check this out; Now I know why they are called carpets, its enough to do a 10x11' room!
  18. PEMfish

OT: Gimme a line

I know we don't need more OT but... This is another forum game I thought of. How it works; In a post; reply to the above post ( more on that in a sec ) and type a charter name. By that I DO NOT mean a fictional character like seen on TV. So Bugs bunny or Jerry from seinfeld are not what I...
  19. PEMfish

ASM G1 or better

On my new 48" 31g mixed reef ( yeah, SPS, clams, LPS, and the softies ) I built a protein skimmer that worked awesome until it fell apart. I want to do something new, buy a skimmer. I am looking at the ASM G1. Its a 60g system so I think I should be taken care of. Will the ASM G1 do the trick...
  20. PEMfish

Build Thread Underpopulated!!!

My build thread has had an extremely low attendance. Come on in and stay awhile! http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/32175-la-box-de-opciones-12.html