RODI pressure

PEMfish

I currently have the saddle vale for my RODI as the first service when the water pipe comes into the house. before the water branches off to the heater, sinks, toilets or showers it passes the saddle valve fore the RODI. I have never taken any pressure readings but based on the fact the RODI makes the advertised amount of water per unit of time I would say it has enough pressure.

I am thinking of moving it though. I don't want to lose pressure to it so I want to know the best plan of action.
Should I put a new saddle valve on at the new location ( after the washer and a sink have feed off the main line ) or should I lengthen the hose to reach the new location wile still using the old saddle valve.
Will one or the other give me more or less pressure?
Whats my best bet?
Thanks

PEMfish

Municipal water.

If I decide to use the same saddle valve will the longer tube affect it?

BobBursek

Most municipal water pressure is 60-70psi, which is optimum for a RO/DI unit, there are rated I think at 70psi 60* water or vis versa, the longer the line the more pressure drop when running. Line friction. BlakeJohn that is only correct when you have no water flowing, you can put a pressure gage anywhere in the house and it will read the same, be in the shower and have someone flush the toilet and let me know if you start yelling that the what just went hotter!!! My saddle valve for my RO/DI is right after the water softener 3/4 house supply in the basement, if I turn on the water at the laundry sink after where the saddle valve is my pressure gage at the RO/DI drops about 7psi, that saddle valve only pierces a hole in the pipe about 1/8th of an inch at most, so it does not have allot of volume space, you double the diameter of a round pipe you triple the flow, rule of physics!!!!! Just like you double your speed in a vehicle you quadruple your wind resistance, another rule of physics!!!!!

BobBursek

Pemfish,
After thinking about your situation a DI/RO systems do not demand alot of flow, all that I have seen only use 1/4" OD tubing, which has an ID of 3/16". so it is not a concern either way.