OT: Lifes speed

PEMfish

I Realize that life is going by, and gaining speed. I really realized this a few years ago. Its really been picking up ( speeding by ) lately. Each day is a smaller portion of your life. When your little everything amazes and entertains. As it all goes by less and less stands out to you. It all blurs together.

What started this is I was deleting some old songs off my ipod. Some of them have not been listened to in years. I kept hem though. I remember the words to alot of them. I feel like I did then, now as I listen to them. The contrast between then and now is amazing . Really makes me realize I don't have a clear grasp on how quick its going.

Live it up,,,

Now!:clink:

new reefer 03

ive been noticing this also...
one week of school goes by like 1 day now. it seems like august of '08, man it does go by fast. sometimes i wish it goes by fast others i want to go slow. i usually want the weekdays gone, but savor the weekends and get there fast, but then we'll take it slow. ( kokomo, song ;))

Mya

They say time flies when having fun? Maybe thats the case and point with ur life.

As for old tunes on the ipod... The 80s/90s channel on the XM radio has been giving me flashbacks lately.

ReefLady

Staff member
The contrast between then and now is amazing . Really makes me realize I don't have a clear grasp on how quick its going.

When you stumble over all the albums you saved in the attic, and realize at one point you had a "casette deck" (and maybe even an 8-track if you'll admit to it), then you realize how fast time is passing. ;-)

KodiakBear

I Realize that life is going by, and gaining speed. I really realized this a few years ago. Its really been picking up lately. Each day is a smaller portion of your life. When your little everything amazes and entertains. As it all goes by less and less stands out to you. It all blurs together. Live it up, Now!

Good timing PEM.
This last Sunday I covered this topic with my youth group. The lesson was centered toward James 4:14 "What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."

Jeremy0322

this is some deep stuff, but I do know where you are all coming from. You know how there is that point in your life when you have to leave that safety net that is your parents and go out on your own, its about to hit me all at once after postponing it for a long time and its scaring the crap out of me...lol. Nothing you can really do about it though but live it up and see what happens as it comes, try to make as many good decisions as you can and take the bad ones in stride. Thats at least how im looking at it :)