PEMs Freshwater Planted 65G build

PEMfish

Well after some debate with myself I have made the decision to upgrade my 29g redneck equipped to a 65g. Bottled CO2, 6x 36" T5 HO DIY fixture, custom DIY stand and hood- Maple most likely. Filtration will wither be an moded AC 110 or canister, I am leaning toward canister.
I was in my basement today fiddling with the jacks witch hold up my 29g and got this old floor rock solid. Then I noticed that my old, decaying MDF stand had gotten worse over the last month, I don't think I t can live out this year. Upgrade time! It will be a South American tank, strictly.

Witfull

Re: tranquilité renversante 65g planted

dude, your whacked title almost got the thread deleted as spam.

PEMfish

Madly in anger with that filter. Madly in love with that filter.

Speaking of filter, I think I decided on a canister of some sort.

PEMfish

I have been doing so research as to what is available in the terms of canister filters; and I am left with this to say;
Holy ****! I don't think so.
I can do a DIY with media for $125. A Quit One 3000 and a standard 5g bucket. I dropped one down my stars with 3g of water in it from the top and didn't spill a drop.

PEMfish

I have been working on the stand design and got alot done. I am basing it off the classic mission series by AGA. Here is my rough pattern design, it will be about 36" tall.

Attachments

• stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 601

PEMfish

I will be going with milwaukee PH controller and regulator / bubble counter, from ebay. And a 5 or 10lb tank from the cheapest yet safe online store. Filling it will cost about $20 locally.

I will order the 65g tank with in a week.
Once I get the stand build ( might be about 6 weeks ) I will take down my 29g and work on accumulating equipment.

I still don't know what kind of substrate I will use, but it will be a long time before I need to know.

PEMfish

If anyone is feeling brave with there internet connection I can send a you a 3D model of my stand. It may still change in design but this is roughly what I am looking to build as soon as I can afford lumber. I created it in Google scetchUp. The file is actually only 109kb.

PEMfish

I have another ScetchUp model of the stand, tank, and hood. Its 152kb. Let me know if you want me to send you a copy.

RyanG

Which direction are you going to do with the south american livestock? Childids or otherwise?

PEMfish

I will be going South American tropical; Angels, Neon tetras, plants.

PEMfish

It will be $320 to build the stand and hood. That includes everything, stain, hinges, solid maple, 2x4s, etc.. Dose not include lighting. I went through and added up all the inches of each width of board I will need then divided by 12 to get feet. This dose not insure I will have the right lengths. ex; I need 5 3' pieces and I have 2 8' boards. yes, I have enough wood, but it is not going to be all in one piece. So I will have to go back and check all that and redo the wood list as needed.

I went out to the LPS today to order it, but they were closed. The answer machine recording must be outdated.

Witfull

every time i see this title i cringe....i cant help it.....want me to PM you some of the spam that is in foreign languages?

i can help you cange titles.....or as you have seen,,,it scares folks.

im not saying this to be mean,,,,,its just the way it is. beat_dead_horse

PEMfish

I was thinking of changing it, but have not thought of one yet.

PEMfish

How about 65g planted build? Can we do that?
Thanks

PEMfish

Ordered it today. Will be there tomorrow. But I can;t pick it up till a week from Wednesday due to my pay cycle...

I am really nervous. I feel like I may have made the wrong choice, a longer upgrade would be nice. IDk, I will like it though.