Running free; Growing wild

PEMfish

As I explain in my rebuild thread ( link is in my sig, check it out ) My reef was very problematic and I slacked off on maintenance.
I would go weeks without scrubbing algae as the light didn't permit access. Water changes were also few. Now all this didn't make for a nice display, my concern was just keeping the animals healthy until I got a temporary tank set up for them wile I rebuild my reef ( in processes of ). Once I transferred all the LR and animals into the 29g temp. tank I was able to see what has been growing in there without the supervision we cast over our tanks being sure they have to be the best model they can be. In doing that we stunt the growth of hundreds of species.
So what happens when we stop ( like I did )? I didn't know either until I moved all the LR and animals into the 29g temp. tank where I could see clearly. See pictures ( in next post ) to see some of what I am talking a bout.

PEMfish

Re: Running free; Gorwing wild

Here; some pretty algae;

Attachments

• Ice, SW tank 015MOD.jpg
    Ice, SW tank 015MOD.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Ice, SW tank 029MOD.jpg
    Ice, SW tank 029MOD.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Ice, SW tank 019MOD.jpg
    Ice, SW tank 019MOD.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 52

PEMfish

This one cool guy, and what I believe to be flatworms :(. Am I right?

Attachments

• Ice, SW tank 021MOD.jpg
    Ice, SW tank 021MOD.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Ice, SW tank 016MOD.jpg
    Ice, SW tank 016MOD.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 52
  • MOD.jpg
    MOD.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 52

Reddog170

Way cool dude. Still do not want to neglect my tank though, LOL. That si really neat that all that would grow like that. Kinda a neat experiment you did. Anything else? Shaun

PEMfish

Seeing this biodiversity is neat, but can get outta hand real quick.

Reddog170

Still really neat. i am not sure but that may be a flatworm just cant tell for sure from those pics. If i were you I would try to save most of that and just do a cleanup of the tank and get the algae under control again. Shaun

seafansar

Those are flatworms. Time for some flatworm exit! I'd recommend dosing more than what the instructions say.

PEMfish

Crap, I'll get it asap. I don't think threes anything in stock at work and the cars in the shop.