Search results

1. I

125G setup for sale!

Hi everyone, I am selling my 125G that I had set up as a reef. I am located in Winston Salem,NC. The tank has been down for a while and I am finally getting around to selling it. I had it set up for several years but I wasn't able to devote the time to it anymore and had to break it down. I can...
  2. I

Lighting Setup for sale!

I changed my lighting up a bit so I have decided to sell my old lights. I have a 72" Current sunpod with 3- 150W Hqi lights. It has 24 led moonlights. 12 Blue and 12 White. They are on separate plugs so they can be timed separately. Bulbs included are 3 phoenix 14k bulbs. The bulbs are 6 months...
  3. I

72" Current Sunpod and VHO's for sale.

Well, I may be upgrading my lighting so I am going to gauge interest on my lighting. I have a 72" Current sunpod with 3- 150W Hqi lights. It has 24 led moonlights. 12 Blue and 12 White. They are on separate plugs so they can be timed separately. Bulbs included are 3 phoenix 14k bulbs. The bulbs...
  4. I

Alk question.

So ever since installing my ca. reactor a little over a year ago I have had problems keeping my alk where I want it. I would like to have it around 9 yet it always wants to creep up to 12. I am running a geo 612 with large arm media and a milwaukee ph controller. I have the controller set to 7.0...
  5. I

Dead Heater! Boooo.

So my one of my 500w azoo titaniums decided to start tripping my gfi today. So that being said I am going to by all new heaters. I am going to also buy a ranco dual stage controller to plug them in to. These are the options I am looking at... 3- 250watt Ebo jager. 2 on Ranco in the sump the...
  6. I

Time to shop for a new skimmer?

Well I know I have asked this question before and people said to keep what I currently have but I am still getting some algae growth and feeling like my skimmer may not be big enough with my growing fish etc. Some info first. Tank is a 125g display, 75g sump a little less than half full, and 20g...
  7. I

Wrasse compatability.

Well, I am looking at purchasing a Melanurus wrasse for my tank. They are beautiful, very active and I think it will make a wonderful addition to my tank. This is my question. I have a mystery wrasse in the tank right now. Very well mannered and doesn't bother any other fish. Has anyone ever had...
  8. I

That time again....need suggestions.

So it's time to replace my bulbs again. I am running a current sunpod with 150w hqi's. I have been running pheonix 14k's and have been pretty pleased. I do however notice that around 8 months on mine that algae picks up and I start losing growth and color in my corals. I have been thinking about...
  9. I

Skimmer Crossroads...

I have asked this on several forums but figured I would give rs a chance to help me out as well before I make my final decision. I think I am going to upgrade my euro-reef rs135 that is on my 125g tank. The tanks total volume is roughly 160-170g. I have been looking at the the bubble magus...
  10. I

Video of the 125g.

Here is a not so great quality video I took of my tank. It was done with my point and shoot camera so cut me some slack please. YouTube - 125g Reef Aquarium
  11. I

Christmas Updates of my attempt at a mixed reef!

Here are some updated pics...please excuse the pics. I was borrowing a friends slr and didn't have the flash I usually use and was lazy and didn't edit the pics. I am also still having some trouble with my caps. I will also apologize for the amount of pics. I kind of get carried away taking...
  12. I

Pics of my recovering 125! Warning. Lots of pics.

Well it has been a while since I posted pics and sadly the tank has gone through a lot of unfortunate changes. I had a large fish die off. Lost 5 bartletts anthias, Watanabei angel, kole tang, royal gramma, picasso clown and ocellaris, banggai cardinal. I then had a gha outbreak etc..The only...
  13. I

Need bulb opinions please!

I need some opinions on lighting. It is about time to switch out my halides and I want some ideas. Right now I have phoenix 14k's in my current sunpod (150w). Should I go back with them? I am also considering the radium 20k's? Reeflux 12k? I am looking for best stand alone color, as I have no...
  14. I

Flow Cross

Well here is a short version of what's going on. I have a vortech mp40w. I absolutely love it...when it's working. I have had the pump for 6 months and have already replaced the wet side several times. Ecotech has been wondeful with their customer service but supposedly there is a manufacturing...
  15. I

Some (more like tons of) recent pics of the 125 and fish room.

Here are some semi-recent pics of my 125g and sump area in the garage. Several things have changed since I took these pics. Corals have grown and a few fish have passed and been replaced by others as well. These pics are a couple of months old but here they are. Please excuse some of the pics...
  16. I

New pics of reef and other tanks.

New 3g pico still cycling. It will house a pair of dwarf seahorses when ready. My somewhat neglected freshwater 12g nano. My 125g mixed reef.
  17. I

Vortech vs. Tunze

Alright. I am about to place an order to upgrade my 6 koralia's. I would liek to get some opinions. I had my heart set on the mp40w but keep hearing about having to replace the wet side every so often and people having issues with them. My next option would be two tunze 6085's hooked up to this...
  18. I

Some new pcis of my 125!

Well here are some new and old pics of my tank. The first pic is of my 90g when it was first set up. Well that's the closet to new tank pic I have.The pic was taken a while after it was first set up. The rest of the pics are the tank is it sits now. I have gone through some bryopsis problems and...
  19. I

Snorkeling Pics from Puerto Rico!!

Me and my family went to Puerto Rico last month and I took about 800 pics in total (land and under water). I got to snorkel on two different sides of the island and free dove a little bit also. First place I snorkeled was on the southwest side of the island. The city is named Guanica. My aunt...
  20. I

GFCI help...please!

Some backround info. About two weeks ago I woke up and noticed my rp was off so I went to the garage and realized the whole sump etc was off. I looked and the gfci was tripped. I thought that was weird so I reset it and everything was fine. I do have a grounding probe also if anyone is...