Search results

1. Edd13

My clown iritating a coral

if you read one of my pervious threads you know i lost some stuff to an electric shock to my tank... well the clowns are starting to miss thier anemone and are bugging my fungus coral:D ... guess its time to get an anemone
  2. Edd13

Thanks RS

to the members and staff of Reef Sanctuary, I would like to say thanks for the awesome site I am so glad I was turned on to it by my friends... today I was reminded why i like this site (reasons better left out)... but the camaraderie and support is outstanding here ... thank you everyone...
  3. Edd13

near crash ... due to urchin?

about 8 months ago... I had a problem with algee an my sump on the return side so i took my pesky purple urchin (who has caused a few rock slides) and threw it in the sump area:square: i'd look in on it from time to time.. and it was doing an awesome job... sunday around 2 AM or so i noticed...
  4. Edd13

a painful funny

it wasn't that funny when it happend, but now it kind of is .... i was cleaning up the kitchen area and I lost my blance near my nano and braced myself on it ... 3 of my fingers went into the water and one found mister black long spined urchin ... OUCH!!!:chomp: it's been over an hour the...
  5. Edd13

Help

HELP!!! :overhere: I have a purple bonzi that i have had for about a year ... it has been doing vary well so i clipped a frag from it 3 days ago .... today i spotted a "blemish" on it and i'm not sure what it is ... Disease, parasite.... I think the anamone stung it, but to be safe i thought...
  6. Edd13

Coral ID...

I got this coral while in LA 2 weeks ago ... I was woundering if it was going to make it so i waited on the pics ... it was wild I think, so i Iodined it and RO soaked it... then a light ro blast with a power head to clean any other things on it before it hit my tank ... then it bleached all...
  7. Edd13

my first plugs and rack

I know a lot of people make them but i like the way mine turned out ... I made a few plugs and a small rack to grow frags on for trade/swaps... here are pics of what came of it.
  8. Edd13

EuroReef rs-100 forsale/trade

Forsale or Trade ... EuroReef rs-100 ... I used it for around 4 months ... I'm looking for $225 OBO or equal trades ... PM me if interested
  9. Edd13

algee cleaners

i just got a chance to snap this pic ... I got THOUSANDS of these in my tank they munch algee ... the little stars and micro turbos .... i pull 20+ of the snails out of my sock every 3 to 4 day ... just thought i would share the little guys with you all
  10. Edd13

Dolphin Pet Village

I have been going to this shop for sometime and i thought that i should share my good fortune in finding such a good shop with a helpful and knowlegable staff. They have a wide selection of corals, Fish, and equipment. Tyler (co-owner) who manages the fish department is happy yo help people with...
  11. Edd13

anemone ID

i was looking in my tank last night watch baby shrimp (still unknown what type) ... when i spotted what i thought was a zoa in the sand bed ... apon closer inspection its an anemone of some kind ... i'm leaning tword a tube... I do have a anemone in the tank a large green BTA... what do you...
  12. Edd13

shrimp babies????

i was just looking into my tank and i see little white things floating around... in closer inspection ... they look like shrimp, about the size of fleas or smaller... i do have 2 skunk shrimp in there... maybe they had kids? ... they are to small to catch and they have a body and a tail and...
  13. Edd13

cooling

With summer coming :flaming: I was looking for ways to off set my chiller run times and I ran across this item on EBay ... It is a tank mounted fan with a tilting elbow ... they come in 2, 4, and 6 fan strips (there may be bigger ones) and are relatively cheap... just thought I’d share...
  14. Edd13

Ph controler

I got a Ph controler (Milwaukee SMS122) it works fine ... but what should i dial it to if measuring the Ph inside the Ca Reactor? the previous owner told me 6.5 but i'm still a little unsure... help....please....:banghead:
  15. Edd13

tank pictures

I run T5HO's and got a wonderful config from prow which makes the tank look so nice... but ... not so nice when taking pictures... til i started playing with the (ABW) or (BW) settings and made the blue more white... now there is no more blue tint in my pics... here are some shots the camera...
  16. Edd13

will they fight???

i picked up a Orange Spotted Shrimp Goby and a pistol shrimp for my wifes tank ... but thought they would look nice in mine:smirk: ... so i was planing to put them in mine BUT .... will my lawn mower blenny go after the goby ... i have seen a lawnmower shred a white watchman so i'm kind of...
  17. Edd13

is the normal???

I'm not sure if this is a normal ... is my brian supposed to do this .. the wierd ear thing or bulge areas ... it seems vary happy
  18. Edd13

Blue Linckia Sea Star... EATING????

from what i have read noone really knows what they eat and say they generally live only a few months. I have had mine going on a year and a half never spot feeding it just letting cruz around the tank ... i figured it was eating detrius or algee or something... tonight I found it on the...
  19. Edd13

My little girls first tank

I won a 12gal JBJ Nano with stand at a raffle ... i really didn't need or want another tank ... but my little girl wanted it ... and i won it .... joy?:drool: well just got it setup for her (she's 8yo) and letting it cycle ... i put an oceanic skimmer rated for 14 to 24 gal in it ... a small...
  20. Edd13

COOL little download

This cool little set of pics is a good on the road visiting a LFS guide to ID corals ... if you have an Ipod or a Media phone (I use it on my black berry and my Sansa music player) you can import it and look at the images/names have fun Coral Identification and information at Coralidea.com