anemone ID

Edd13

i was looking in my tank last night watch baby shrimp (still unknown what type) ... when i spotted what i thought was a zoa in the sand bed ... apon closer inspection its an anemone of some kind ... i'm leaning tword a tube... I do have a anemone in the tank a large green BTA...

what do you think it is ... sorry abot the pic ... vary small

Attachments

• IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0952.jpg
    IMG_0952.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 112

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
looks like a sand anem to me, feed it and see if it gulps, they are a nice anem almost indestructible

Tru2nr

could be a rock or sand anenome i have something similar in my chronical i actually thought it was a zoanthid that was actually stuck on a slug or something at first untill i fully figured out what it was i have about 3-4 of them in my tank the largest is about as wide as a pencil eraser they haven't seemed to do any damage so i haven't tried to remove them yet i've got one in what should be a real good place for a picture i'll try to get for you when i get home from work tonight

t_j

Do these guys sting like the bigger ones do?? I have one next to my zoas I moved the rock that they where on last night and woke up to two of them now and the new one is touching the zoas now.

jonas

its a tube i have one in my tank looks the same.if it has two sets of tentacals it is a tube. my is green in the middle and orange long tents.