Search results

1. Leo

Red bubble /slime/algae?

Can anyone identify this and if so, can you possibly can suggest what my next steps should be, that would be great! Outside of a water change which i just` did this past friday. (3 days ago) Thanks!
  2. Leo

130D Skimmer pump

Would anyone happen to have one lying around they no longer use? I preferably need the front part with the tube and hose juts out.and the hose connects to it. Thank you so much
  3. Leo

Would anyone know why the pumps in my Red Sea 250 (D) are at two different heights?

And why is the right pump pumping lower water volume? Sorry. I'm referencing the red sea max 250 (older model) Need to understand the rational behind having one pump sit higher than the other in the back of tank
  4. Leo

Eheim 300 pump

I want to use it externally. Can anyone tell me how to prime this please Thanks
  5. Leo

Skimmer question

Has anyone used or is using the Eshopps 150 skimmer?
  6. Leo

1st Cycling

Can anyone give me their opinion and or suggestion whether i should have the skimmer on during the cycle period.
  7. Leo

Reef Octopus Classic 110SSS Protein Skimmer

Is there anyone who is using this skimmer? Would love any feedback possible. Thanks!
  8. Leo

Leo's RED SEA MAX 250(D) JOURNEY!

Hey folks, After a few weeks of being on this site, I can't begin to explain, how helpful this place is! Thanks to everyone so far who has pitched in their 2 cents! So I'll begin by saying I did have some experience going back 8 yrs.+. I owned a 120 gal. acrylic tank and I unfortunately wasn't...
  9. Leo

So many heaters

Hello folks. Seems The RSM 250 I picked up is missing the heater. So many out there! Any recommendations??? Thank you
  10. Leo

Aquarium on carpet...

Another crazy thought. My last tank, from 8 years ago, sat on our hardwood floor. Before that, as a kid all my small tanks were usually on a piece of furniture. I'm picking up a used RS 250 this friday. ( YES, I'm super excited!!!) The only place I have where I'm Allowed to put it is carpeted...
  11. Leo

SAND BED

Ok, New flash! , Trying to sell my RS 130 since I found the Red Sea Max 250, which, I realized would be better for the inner kid in me :) Any suggestions on how much sand to start with. I had already bought 30 lbs of Aragonite live fiji pink, that was supposed to go in the RS 130. Would prefer...
  12. Leo

Buying a used Red Sea Max 250

Do any of you know if I should upgrade the skimmer. It has a stock skimmer which I've read some negative reviews. IF so, any recommendations. Anything else I should upgrade for the sump?
  13. Leo

Ammonia

Can someone please explain the concept of putting ammonia into a tank or my old live rock. What does this do? kinda confused by this. How much would you even add? thank you
  14. Leo

Help with a pump

Hey folks, Can anyone recommend a pump for my RS130 with an output of 475-700gph? Need to make sure it'll fit in the back area. Still new to this type of tank which I got used. Thanks!
  15. Leo

RS130 Protein skimmer

Has any one heard of this new unit from tunze? Tunze Comline DOC Protein Skimmer It supposedly replaces the 9002 I have a RS130 and was curious what others thoughts were. Thank you
  16. Leo

dead live rock :)

Hello everyone. I have taken out my huge drum of saved rock from years ago. I had a 120 gallon reef. Kinda forgot how beautiful these pieces were. I selected a bunch for my future 34 gallon tank (in progress) (starting small this time) and I have them in a new garbage container with RODI water...
  17. Leo

new to site

Hello there. Feeling like a newbie right now!! I was a pretty decent hobbyist a few years back with a gorgeous 120 gallon Teneacor tank. Lost it all due to a divorce but before leaving, sold stock and took out all the bells and whistles and stored it all . :) I just now inherited an RSM 130...