Search results

1. Coraljunkie

CJ's 40 Breeder

Just bought a house and unfortunately lost most of my coral and a few fish during the move. I didn't want to give up my fish that survived so I decided to setup a 40 breeder holding/ grow out tank. For a stand I went with metal racking that holds up to 1,000lbs. I'm using another 40 breeder for...
  2. Coraljunkie

Adding height to your aquascape

Was wondering if anyone had any tips on adding height to an aquascape?
  3. Coraljunkie

HELP! Moving Tank and such...

I pretty much have a decent plan on moving my tank but I have 2 Leopard wrasses and I'm not sure how to move these 2. I know they say not to dig them up from the sand but what if they bury themselves when I try to catch them? I was planning on emptying most of the water from the tank but...
  4. Coraljunkie

Skimmer Selection

Looking for a mini skimmer for a 10 gallon sump/refugium I built. Any suggestions? Looking for something simple that I won't have to monkey around with much and reliable, that will pull a dark dry skimate.
  5. Coraljunkie

HELP! Acans

I've got a few healthy colonies of acans, while I was feeding my tank just now I noticed a tiny acan head from one of my colonies just sitting on a small cup shaped crevice on the rock. Then after looking at the colony it came from, it appears like there is a healed bite Mark on one or 2 of the...
  6. Coraljunkie

Mangroves

Was wondering if anyone is using red mangroves as filtration?
  7. Coraljunkie

HELP! jebao rw -4

Wondering if their is a fix aside from buying new pump also wondering if this happens to anyone else. I've had 2 rw4s for not even a year and randomly they ramp way down and stay that way until I shut them off or unplug them and plug them back in. Sometimes they're good for a while sometimes...
  8. Coraljunkie

HELP! Leopard Wrasse

I got a blue star from liveaquaria on Saturday. She seemed fat and healthy. You can see pics and videos on my reef chronicle. I got some questions for some wrasse experts or anyone with the answers. Since she's only coming out halfway at night should I try to feed her then? Or should I only feed...
  9. Coraljunkie

Oregon tort

I've been looking for a real Oregon tort. I've come across a few but people are telling me that they're fake. Does anyone know what to look for when buying a real Oregon tort? Also does anyone have a good size frag for sale?
  10. Coraljunkie

HELP! Need opinions

My display has been fallow for almost 11 weeks. I was planning on keeping it fallow for 14 weeks but the tank is in desperate need of some nutrients. I had a bad outbreak of ich or velvet and I'm wondering if you think it'll be safe to add my female clownfish into the display?
  11. Coraljunkie

HELP! Popeye

Somehow my male clownfish has Popeye in one of his eyes. He stopped eating and last night I noticed him gilling hard. Today his eye is much more inflated. It's not cloudy or anything but it's literally popping out of his head. Salinity 1.023 Ammo 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate .5 Both clowns are in a 29g...
  12. Coraljunkie

HELP! sps starting to bleach

Temp 77 Ammo 0 nitrite 0 Nitrate almost 0 Ph8.1 Alk 7.5 just realized it's low, is it low enough to cause this issue? Cal 450 Recently I took some rocks out and replaced with dry rock and changed the aquascape, at the same time I dumped in a good amount of marine pure bio filter spheres. I just...
  13. Coraljunkie

Need Fishy Advice

I'd like to get a mandarin. I've learned the hard way before so I always treat any new fish for everything before I put it into my display. I'm wondering if how hardy a mandarin is and what to medicate with and what not to use. Also what about the pods. Will they survive when I'm using Seachem...
  14. Coraljunkie

Tank Stands

Wondering if anyone has or had a Titan Eze stand. I'm looking to get one for a 40 breeder and I'm curious how sturdy they are. I've built a wooden stand in the past but this tank is only going to be used for qt.
  15. Coraljunkie

Help identify this disease

I lost a really small picasso clown now my onyx looks horrible, she's in a medical tank with cupramine along with my other fish but I'm not sure what it is.
  16. Coraljunkie

What Fish?

Looking for opinions on what fish to add to my 54 corner tank. I've got a pair of clowns, 3 barnacle blennies, and a mystery wrasse that I had to remove and put into my qt for being too aggressive. I'm looking for something very colorful and active swimmer with good personality
  17. Coraljunkie

Clam questions

I was wondering how you can tell if a clam needs to be burped? I got a clam almost 2 weeks ago and it still refuses to fully open. It does react quickly to shadows so I'm still hoping for the best. I did notice that every so often it snaps shut and shoots water out and blows the sand up.
  18. Coraljunkie

Coraljunkie's 54g Corner Reef

I'm upgrading my jbj28 gallon to this 54 gallon corner tank. I'm keeping the reef scape pretty much the same but with a couple added pieces because imo it's one of the better scapes I've seen for small tanks. It's a glass tank and I'm not going to drill it because I won't have the need to, small...
  19. Coraljunkie

oxygen levels

I'm running a jbj28 cube and i just got a pair of Picasso clowns today and they haven't stopped swimming at the top of the tank. The tank is fitted with a cover and small flip up lid.on the back part is a small sump area that is open with no lid at the top, it's where the water overflows into...
  20. Coraljunkie

AI Hydra

Looking for some info and pictures of people who run the hydra, intensity settings, tank size and how far from the water line. Also pictures of coral growth over periods of time