Search results

1. erawling

Very high calcium level

I recently did a large water change and now my calcium level is about 560 ppm. The other reading are,PH 8.2,alk 7dkh,P04 0,Nitrate0. I don't have a magnesium kit at the moment. I know threads like this have been done to death but I would like to know what you would do.
  2. erawling

Automatic brine shrimp hatcher

Does anyone have experience with one these in a reef tank? Fish Food - Brine Shrimp Hatching Feeder, Brine Shrimp Eggs Iam going on vacation and Iam concerned that my Manderin is going to starve to death. I will be gone a week,he has been getting fed twice a day.
  3. erawling

anyone seen these things?

I first noticed these things on the glass,then all over the bottom. I thought they might be some kind of algae but then i noted that they move! They are the little brown things,I think they may have come in on some macro algae I put in my sump a few weeks ago.
  4. erawling

my new fish

I got a spot tail gobie.it was an impulse buy,I don't usually buy a fish without knowing about them but it was so cool I had to have it. He is the only fish in a 29 gallon tank. Any info on this fish? The lfs had no clue.
  5. erawling

Should I bother with this skimmer?

A friend of mine was cleaning out his cellar and found his old skimmer. He could not remember what brand it is. It has some cracks in the outlet fitting and around the top. I would still need to get another pump and a venturi.
  6. erawling

My new light came in today.

I just got a sunpod hqi fixture its a 30in with 150 watt hqi halide. Iam a little disappointed with the amount of light it puts out. Does anyone think a 10,000k bulb would be better than the 14k that it came with? Iam going to post some pics later. the main problem is that the ends of the tank...
  7. erawling

2 year old 29 gal tank

I just moved this tank and added a 55 gal sump/fuge. I have a new halide hood coming in on Friday. This is the sump. The sea clone skimmer is going in the trash after i can afford something better. The best part about the fuge is that it is in the basement,i plumed through the floor. Now all...
  8. erawling

55 gal fuge project

Iam in the middle of a fuge project and was wondering on how deep the mud depth should be? I was thinking 4 inchs should be ok.what do you guys think? heres a pic
  9. erawling

how big of a pump?

I want to set up my tank in the living room after its redone. I plan on having the sump, protein skimmer,refuguim,ect in the basement. The pumps i have been looking at will pump 12ft head at aprox 132gph. THe tank thats to be set is only a 30gal.Is this to much flow though a 30gal tank? Has...
  10. erawling

xenia on my clams shell

I was wondering if Xenia would harm my clam. So far there don't seem to be a problem. Heres a pic and let me know what you guys think.
  11. erawling

Tropic Marin Bio-calcium

Anyone here have experience with this product?? lately I have been having trouble keeping my calcium level above 380 even though i have been dosing and testing every other day.
  12. erawling

Is this a vermetus snail?

I have what i think is a vermetus snail on the side of my clam. Is it possible the snail is bugging mt xenia?Or maybe the clam? :dunno:
  13. erawling

lateral line disease

I have a sick fish it feeds well but looks awful. anyone ever had a fish recover from a bad case on lateral line disease? like this I have changed the food and checked for any stray voltage in the tank and added a grounding probe :banghead:
  14. erawling

I need a proper id on a fish please

I purchased this fish a while back and now i dont seem to any hermit crabs left. The store had it labeled as a blue spot goby I havent heard of this fish eating crabs has anyone?? I got a picture [hope i got this attached properly]
  15. erawling

hello all

first have to say that iam impressed with this site!! I have not had much time to poke around but what i have seen is great. I found this site because i was looking for an answer to a question on google. This might be the right place to ask so her it is .Iam going on vacation to culebra pr...