Search results

1. kimm

fully cycled in 15 days?

I believe that you are not seeing the spikes in the water prams because you are doing water changes. You should not be doing them while cycling. Idealing you should add, water, sand and rock at once at let it be for the next 45 days, or more possibly.
  2. kimm

Protein skimmer?

here's some pic's Frankie... [/IMG] there are 3 total in my photo's
  3. 75G

75G

View from the left.
  4. 75G

75G

Veiw from the left.
  5. 75G

75G

This tank was set up September 1, 2007.
  6. kimm

Protein skimmer?

I will post some pic's soon
  7. kimm

Protein skimmer?

Everyone has their own way that works for them, so it's a matter of trial and error. What kind of reef are you looking to keep? I couldn't disagree more with the whole "you need a sump to have a reef" outlook. I have a 75G reef with no sump and no skimmer. This is my 3rd tank in 4 years and the...
  8. kimm

hello guys newbie in need of some help :(

there is a chance of a small cycle...have to watch carefully. I run chemipure elite with good results. I use it to help w/ nitrates and eat up phosphates, also clears up the water pretty darn good. Another thing, train your lion (if possible)to eat flake to help w/ the traits. I almost got a...
  9. kimm

needa hitchhiker coral ID

def a xenia....I have a whole colony of them.
  10. kimm

hello guys newbie in need of some help :(

K20a...here's my take on your issues; you should expect a small cycle since you took out your bioballs at once. What you should have done is slowly replace it with rock. You have 2 lionfish in a small tank, you are going to have a nitrate issue with that. They are messy eaters, ditch them both...
  11. kimm

is this dead.

most snails can't right themselves, so if they are on their "backs" for any great length of time...DOA! Sorry
  12. kimm

Ich and Cleaners Shrimp

IMO get rid of the hippo tang. They are Ich magnets!
  13. kimm

The Case of the Floating Anenome

Good lord I think some of you might have freaked surfrider out! I have only been doing saltwater for a little over a year and after my cycle (fingers crossed) never experienced any drastic fluc's in my water. With patience and good husbandry, you can obtain stable water quality without having to...
  14. kimm

Percs hosting condylactis!

just came across this as i am looking for more info on the sebea anemones' and my mouth hit the floor when i read this. 2 days ago a lfs told me that condy's will eat a clownfish, so this is amazing to me!
  15. kimm

Coral Frag Id w/pic

I second the pagoda...
  16. kimm

Name that anemone!!

I used to have a Condy Anemone. Until it tried eating my clearner shrimp! Anyhow, mine was bright white also and turned tan and grew quite quickly. I was feeding it everyday mysis and another mix frozen food. Now my tank is only a 40G, so it handled the 2X96 watts of PC lighting great. If only...
  17. kimm

Unidentified crab

pmac90...it's a 64 coupe (his baby) update...crab is still in the tank watching me as I watch him. I tried taking the rock he is in out of the tank for 2 hours...didn't budge. He does not leave this rock. I then started shaking the rock, just got rubble and a hermit. I am actually starting...
  18. kimm

Blue tang Problems?

Nori is dried seaweed. If you cannot find it in the store, look online. Marine Depot sells it.
  19. tank_stuff_001

tank_stuff_001

20. kimm

Unidentified crab

Sorry..not sure what happend. It's in my gallery though...