Unidentified crab

kimm

I have been watching this guy in my tank for 2 weeks now. He's getting bold! Hasn't hurt anything, just hangs out and cleans the rock.

Any idea on name? Someone at the LFS told me maybe an emerald or a strong arm. I cannot find any info on "Strong Arm".

Attachments

• crab 001.jpg
    crab 001.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 128

Cassette87

Are we looking at the shrimp in the lower left? I can't make out anything else in the photo, but I'd agree that all i can see is a skunk cleaner shrimp.

saltwaterfarm

OK... I see it now. Sorry, it really blends in with the rock. I don't know what kind it is. But I agree... yank it.

saltwaterfarm

It is dead center... about 1.5" from the top. if you look real close you can see the claw...
Sorry, still don't know what type of crab it is.

kimm

Sorry for the "I spy" quality picture. I can't seem to get any better. Get him out huh? Ruff advise without a tear down. How could I go about that?
That's like telling my 3 year old to stay out of daddy's Nova....not gonna happen! =)

kimm

Is this better?

rDr4g0n

i still cant make out the pic... does he look like this?

dfcr.jpg

if so, you may be dealing with a demon crab. they can only be cleansed from your tank with a seance and some magic candles. good luck.

pmac90

be tough keeping ME OUT OF DADDYS NOVA! what year?

oh oh, back to the crab... the open clam sounds like a good idea, the netting is the hard part. maybe lay the clam in the net???

Jorgens

LOL someone says crabs, and the thread feels like a horror movie!!! hahah..

Thanks for the chuckle.

Try a stick? can ya tick him off and have him grab something? I can't make out a thing in the picture...just a thouht

woolfe

I have pulled many crabs out of my tank with a pair of hemostats. (the tweezers/pliers things Dr.'s use for stitches) I stupidly bought 12 emeralds when I first started my tank as part of a clean up crew. They don't seem to be scared of them. You can reach right into that little hole & grab him just be prepared to stand there for a few minutes. They have a really good grip. I just kinda wiggled them back & forth until they let go.

Good Luck!