Blue tang Problems?

aquaman3680

Ok so I have had my blue tang for quite some time now. He has just started picking on two of my SPS. He picks on them one time where the polyps are and then stops. He is picking at one acro and one Hydnophora. Any ideas on what would cause him picking? At what point do i need to be worried about it? The corals are doing great and growing fast. Is this something i need to worry about? He is very well fed.

Any thoughts?:dunno:

Matt

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I've had a few tangs to eat LPS corals. It happens. Tangs are not 100% reef safe.
Make sure you're providing plenty of vegetable matter (nori or macro algae) as well as some meaty foods for it.

lcstorc

At least every other day. Woodstock has it continually in her reef.
It is great if you can feed small pieces frequently. In the wild they graze all day.

Warnberg

I can't keep nori in my tank, as soon as it goes in it's gone 2 minutes later... all of it... between the fox-face, blue tang and the sailfin they make short work of it.

SueT

I feed my powder blue and figi foxface 2 seperate pieces of nori on the same clip, 3-4 times weekly. They each have their own piece that I roll up so it stays on the clip longer. I find they even behave better if their more focused on the nori then each other. More the powder blue than the fox.

Witfull

i cant even get nori into the house,,,,i buy it,,,and everyone here wants me to make sushi~

Jorgens

Ok I've seen a few reference "nori" I'm sure its some type of plant but I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere. a lil help? I have a blue/yellow and scopas tang. I'd like to keep them in top order. and yes my yellow may end up as a fish dinner with witty's crabs if it dosen't settle down as well. maybe it's something in the water?

kimm

Nori is dried seaweed. If you cannot find it in the store, look online. Marine Depot sells it.

lcstorc

You can get nori in the Asian section of your supermarket. It is used to make sushi. Or you can get it at the lfs. There are a number of brands out there, but I see Seaweed Selects most often. It comes in dried sheets. The larger packages of the Seaweed Selects come with a clip as well.