Search results

1. JoeCanada11

Hey guys.

Hey guys. I know I'm not exact new year but haven't been around in a few weeks. Just thought I would say hi and let ya know ill be around some more. Been busy with new projects at work and I am also a children's entertainer (balloon sculpting etc) so when the weather is nice I am quite busy...
  2. JoeCanada11

Found a really neat hitchhiker.

Last night I was watching my tank as night viewing is my all time favourite. I used the flashlight on my phone and was staring at my acans and their feeding tentacles. Then I noticed what looked like tiny shards of glass coming from the rock. When I moved the light around it refracted blue and...
  3. JoeCanada11

Shroom splitting but problem arises.

I have been watching one of my mushrooms splitting over the last week and the process is nearly complete. The problem is that it split onto a small piece of rock that was barely attacked and the rock has been blown down somewhat. Can I just snip the last remaining attached part of the mushroom?
  4. JoeCanada11

Elegance tips.

The shop I work at part time got some really nice elegance corals in. Does anyone have any experience/tips on these beauties?
  5. JoeCanada11

Question about my hammer ....

Coral that is. Geez Anyways all kidding aside I'm just wondering if it is safe to push the skeleton into the sandbed to keep my hammer upright.
  6. JoeCanada11

Is additional flow really necessary ?

I'm noticing that my hammer seems to do best when the extra circulation pump that I have is off. Also with other 130 users where do you point the two out pumps?
  7. JoeCanada11

How do I frag mushrooms and palys.

I have a nice mushroom rock that I purchased recently it has about 16 shrooms on it. I have read that I can cut them off and new ones will grow at the base. I would like to give a few to a friend of mine. My question is after I cut the heads off can they be glued like other frags or do I have to...
  8. JoeCanada11

Anyone have a link to pictures of the drilling stock skimmer mod?

I am thinking of drilling the stock skimmer to run the line in to make it quieter and I have heard this has been done. I want to see some pictures so I do it right. Does anyone know where I can find pics of this?
  9. JoeCanada11

Problems with my SG

The other day I measured all my levels and things were great. My tank finished cycling SG was 1.025 so I added some CUC. Tonight as I was adding a couple more snails I measured my SG and it measured 1.020. I haven't changed anything in the last couple days so how can this be?
  10. JoeCanada11

Food suggestions

Well my tank is almost finished cycling and the first inhabitants will be there soon. My plans are for a royal gramma, ocellaris clown, wrasse of some kind and a goby. What foods would you seasoned reefers recommend and how often should I feed. Joe
  11. JoeCanada11

Couple noob questions.

So a couple questions from a noob here. First. Is ther any reason not to have macro algae in the display tank? I've seen some nice looking macro algae and wondering why I don't see it more often in the dt's? Secondly. Are black brittle starfish the good and hardy ones that can be good as...
  12. JoeCanada11

A couple RSM 130D questions

So been doing some more reading and I keep reading about the "chamber of death". What do most of you recommend for media in this chamber and how did you raise it? Secondly I'm monitoring my temp before light go on and right when they are about to go out and I'm getting a swing of about 1.5...
  13. JoeCanada11

Joes RSM 130d

Hello everyone. My nam is joe and I have been keeping FW aquariums since I was a boy for just over 20 years. I decided to start my firs reef a few months ago and due to budget,space and the wife requiring my aquarium to look nice and not look like a crazy lab experiment I went with the 130D...