Couple noob questions.

JoeCanada11

So a couple questions from a noob here. First. Is ther any reason not to have macro algae in the display tank? I've seen some nice looking macro algae and wondering why I don't see it more often in the dt's?

Secondly. Are black brittle starfish the good and hardy ones that can be good as clean up crew?

Last I have read alot of threads about people removing bristle worms from their tank/rock but my reading on these tells me they are a great scavenger and relatively harmless. Are people removing them because they don't like the way they look? Thanks in advance.

Joe

BLADEYAMAHA

You really only want to remove the really large 8 inch bristleworms, brittle starfish are great, I have macro algae in my DT and some people designate tanks for Macros, you so you know if you get a foxface or tang you can say goodbye to your macros.

Doogle

I have an 8" (@ least) bristle worm in my tank and I think its cool, my largest inhabitant.lol I wouldn't want to brush up against it on accident but as far as I can tell it only eats leftovers, I actually pinch off bits of raw deli shrimp every now and then and drop it in the rear of the tank for it. Its my little buddy.

JoeCanada11

I have an 8" (@ least) bristle worm in my tank and I think its cool, my largest inhabitant.lol I wouldn't want to brush up against it on accident but as far as I can tell it only eats leftovers, I actually pinch off bits of raw deli shrimp every now and then and drop it in the rear of the tank for it. Its my little buddy.

I think they are pretty neat. I know they can pack a nice sting but I keep alot of tarantulas and scorpions as well so I'm pretty careful with anything potent.