Food suggestions

JoeCanada11

Well my tank is almost finished cycling and the first inhabitants will be there soon. My plans are for a royal gramma, ocellaris clown, wrasse of some kind and a goby. What foods would you seasoned reefers recommend and how often should I feed.

Joe

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Not sure if the "Canada" in JoeCanada11 means anything but Larry's food is what I use. LRS PREMIUM REEF FOODS Not sure if he ships to Canada if that's where you are.

I use that in conjunction with NLS pellets and I feel pretty good about it.

lbiminiblue

Well my tank is almost finished cycling and the first inhabitants will be there soon. My plans are for a royal gramma, ocellaris clown, wrasse of some kind and a goby. What foods would you seasoned reefers recommend and how often should I feed.

Joe
I use marinelife pellets or marine spectrum or something along those lines...lol i know a lot of people think not even knowing your food brand off the top of your head is bad reef keeping, but the food works for me. Try supplementing with squid and shrimp.

Henryw25

I use Thera-A regular formula for 2 clowns, an engineer goby, a chalk bass, and a dotty back. I've never had any food related problems and they seem to enjoy it.

FishFood002_zps1d75d18a.jpg

Henryw25

I also agree with AJ Reef. Some frozen shrimp are a good healthy treat every now and then, just make sure it's the right stuff for the fish you have.

JoeCanada11

Perfect thanks for the tips. I've used NLS foods in my freshwater setups and all the fish do well. Lately I have also been using Repashy foods with my FW and the fish are going crazy with growth. Has anyone tried that brand with salt?