Shroom splitting but problem arises.

JoeCanada11

I have been watching one of my mushrooms splitting over the last week and the process is nearly complete. The problem is that it split onto a small piece of rock that was barely attacked and the rock has been blown down somewhat. Can I just snip the last remaining attached part of the mushroom?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
My mushrooms are not reproducing or splitting yet :( I have a couple of beautiful red ones that I wish would.
If you can, I'd love to see a picture of what your's is doing Joe. I hope it all goes well, that is exciting :)

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yeah, you can snip it if you want. I just bought a pair of "flesh cutters" for things like this..... Try to use something that's really sharp

JoeCanada11

I took some shots ill post later to out Diana. Thanks PSU I will finish the split. As for my mushrooms they have split a few times now. It's pretty neat. My green ricordea is also splitting but it keeps detaching from the rock I put it on. There is some gravel stuck to the bottom and I may try the glue approach with the sand being there.

JoeCanada11

4FC295AD-4C9C-4780-9D24-243C300774B7-2878-000001EAE0783426.jpg

Not the best pic but you get the idea.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Did it do OK with the split? How many new mushrooms do you have that you didn't have to buy?
I wish mine would hurry up & make more mushrooms. I have zoas & palys making new polyps but my mushrooms are NOT.

slakker

For sure you can snip it, but just make sure both pieces are well attached or it'll get blown around.

Putt

I have a red roving mushroom; it’s attached to the tail endof a cerith snail. It was about 3/16”inch when I discovered it, now about 3/8” in diameter. Never know where it will be, just hitchhikingalong with the snail.

Darkwrym

lol thats awesome Putt! Hmmmm... Might have to fish out one of my Ceriths for this or one of my hermits lol. My shrooms are spreading like crazy!! :laughroll

JoeCanada11

Hey Diana. He mushroom has split just fine. I think this is number 3 or 4 now that came out of the batch I bought. I actually fragged the rock I bought and traded for some blue zoas and cash which I used for the pink zoas.