Search results

1. ddelozier

90G Frag Tank

I picked up a 135g(72x18x22) for cheap a few months back. My original intent was to replace the frames(scratched and dinted), replace one pane of glass(bad clamshell in one corner that caused a leak), build a killer stand(already had done that), and drill in overflows, so i could set it up as...
  2. ddelozier

DD's 210G Monster

Ok I pulled the trigger. I pick it up this weekend. 210g Reef Ready, tank, stand and MH/T5 Lights(those will be upgraded to LED's VERY shortly). I saw the listing on CL and sent the pick to my wife. I was Sending it to her thinking "Maybe someday" She replied with, "I WANT IT". So i...
  3. ddelozier

DIY Aquarium Stand

DIY Metal Stand Ok so i have started doing something NEW. Time will tell if its an idea worth continuing. A Bit of background, so nobody's first thought is "Thats Crazy". I may be crazy, but at least im sane. OK ME >>>> Raised by a DIY Professional. Dad is a retired oilfield welder, with...
  4. ddelozier

Geisman Fixture Repair/replacement parts

About a year ago, i picked up a Geisman 48" Fixture, model ????, 2x250 w MH + 2 x 54 w T5HO. It has a single ballast box, with two cords going to the fixture. 1 More cord going directly to the Fixture? (possibly for the T5HO). About a month ago, both the T5ho started having a Delay to the...
  5. ddelozier

Frag Tank Setup

Sorry i've been MIA for a while. New job is very time consuming. I've got a new frag tank project going up. Short story, I had a 90g non drilled tank with multiple clam shells on the front glass. Tried to give it away, nobody wanted it. SO, i chopped it apart, took the back glass and 1...
  6. ddelozier

How to Cut down a Glass Aquarium

Chapter 1 of 2 How To Cut Down A Glass Aquarium First let me state a few things. The descriptions include methods/tools I used, and the results I received. Just because something worked/didn’t work for me does NOT mean that you will get the same results. It does mean that this result is...
  7. ddelozier

Frag Tank Conversion.

I have a 90g tank im considering making into a frag tank. I have 2 ideas, but wanted some input. Lighting for this system will be a 48" x 6bulb T5ho. tank dimensions. 48x18x23 Plan 1)Cut the tank down to 14" from its normal 23", plumb overflow/returns in at 13ish inches, and hang the...
  8. ddelozier

Fragging giant mushrooms

Ive recently aquired a Giant Cup mushroom...bout 12" across, and am contemplating fragging it. Does this type of mushroom require special care or is it much the same as most mushrooms...hack off the stem, cut the cap into pizza slices, and watch the slices/stem grow into new shrooms in low...
  9. ddelozier

Can anyone ID this for me

I picked this up for $45 from a local reefer tearing down his tanks to move. He called it a hairy mushroom, but i wanted another opinion. Did i get screwed? When full extended its about 12 inches across, and it has little white tentacles that come from what appears to be a mouth.
  10. ddelozier

ID These little red corals PLZ

I got some of these on a piece of rock i traded for with a Local Reefer. They are no bigger than a pencil eraser, but do put out sweeper tentacles. The rock has skeletons from where a colony these, but most didnt fair well in the guys tank due to inadequate light im guessing.
  11. ddelozier

Metal Halide Fixtures

I have upgraded from multiple small to 2 large tanks, and find myself with extra fixtures. 1) K2-JBJ 250 Works well, fan works, Lost the Moonlight led power supply when i moved. 5mo bulb 14k. It all works well, i just dont have a tank it can go over. 2) Lumen Arc3 Polished reflector...
  12. ddelozier

DD's 75 RE RE Booted...

Summer this year I setup a 75g, but in October, I was offered a job I couldn't refuse. I moved from Middle of Gods nowhere in the north panhandle, somewhere between Lost and where are we, To Lubbock Texas The beginning of November. As many of you know, moving in November is a BAD idea, but If...
  13. ddelozier

DD's 75g Reef addiction FIX.

Back in July of 2013, i made the Journey to visit a Forum Sponsor...JJmoneyman of MyReeftoYours.com. He hooked me up with a 75g RR Tank and stand. He tossed in a 29g for a sump, and a 6x48" T5ho fixture he'd been using to catch dust with. I worked a weekend in his coral farm and sweat shop...
  14. ddelozier

Display algae for Sale or Trade

I have Several Fist size balls of Codium Intricatum. Its a slow growing display algae. Pin a ball to a rock for a week and it attaches. Price not set/fixed, PM Me for details
  15. ddelozier

Anyone from North Texas Here?

Im 80 miles north of Amarillo TX. anyone close?
  16. ddelozier

DD's 180G Acrylic Adventure

OK Jist of the story is, i've been looking at setting up a Bigger tank in my living room, as the 65g just wasnt "Doing" it for me anymore. I have this Lovely 8' long wall space, and a 3' wide tank...the math seemed wrong to me. So i started looking into a bigger tank. I Bought a 125g, drilled...
  17. ddelozier

Double D's 180g

I Spotted a craigslist item for a 150g complete Reef tank setup, to include 3x250watt MH System(needed bulbs), Eshopps Sump, PSK-200 Skimmer, Powerheads, Live rock, test equipment, Tank, stand, hood, and all the odds and ends. Total setup, being sold by someone getting out of the hobby...
  18. ddelozier

New SW Enthusiast in the Making

my 12 yr old son has become captivated with my SW tanks. He's begging(literally) for one in his room. Im thinking of a nice 29g cube, or JBJ...my only issue is, he wants a mantis. I showed him a video of one, and he's been inthralled with the idea of keeping one. If anyone comes across one...
  19. ddelozier

RO/DI System Opinions.

Time to step up from storebought RO/DI water to a system at home. Is BRS 4 Stage Value PLUS RO/DI System - 75GPD - Bulk Reef Supply Worth spending money on? Will the water quality be good enough>?
  20. ddelozier

Caulerpa

I found a small piece of green grape Caulerpa in the sump of my 55g system a few months ago. I didnt think much of it at the time. But now, its turned into a full blown infestation in the sump. Does anyone need/want some of it. Otherwise im going to rip it all out and throw it in the trash.