90G Frag Tank

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I picked up a 135g(72x18x22) for cheap a few months back. My original intent was to replace the frames(scratched and dinted), replace one pane of glass(bad clamshell in one corner that caused a leak), build a killer stand(already had done that), and drill in overflows, so i could set it up as a DT. Well...the 210 came into my life, so the 135 was consigned to the corner of the garage to gather dust.

Now that the 210 DT is up and going, i decided it was time to do something with the 135. My wife decided she wanted a tank back in the bedroom, for the "white noise" and added humidity(she's from GA, where the air is chewy). So i cut the tank down, cleaned all the glass up and took them to a local Glass shop to get modified. Long story short, one of the long panes broke during cutting and had to be replaced. I ordered a replacement, and this weekend, i sealed it all together with the New pane being the front.

The original tank was 22" tall. This new tank is 15"T tall. The original tank was not drilled. This new tank has holes drilled for 3 overflows and 2 Returns. The original tank had Clear Silicone(badly applied, torn and overall worthless). New tank is done with Black Aquarium Silicone.

I'll post pics in a bit.

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
20150328_203626274_iOS_zpsruw7ab6j.jpg

here's a pic of the stand. Its all made from 1.5" Square tube. yes, i cut/welded it myself.
20150816_154312157_iOS_zpsk4e9nirx.jpg

end shot of the tank with ME finishing the last of the silicone.
2a73fcdb-2cb2-4b6a-be11-babd87ae0726_zpsrqyic2th.jpg

Same thing, different angle.

I promise better shots soon. I plan to take the tape off and trim the tank up tonight.