Search results

1. lilj104

Reefbreeder Proton 32 LED setting

I have a 65g aquarium and I purchased a reef breeder proton 32 LED light. I want to know what setting should I use for the lighting? Any ideas of how to set them to make the take look the most natural as possible?
  2. lilj104

Reefbreeders Proton 32 LED hanging ideas

I am working on my aquarium set up and I just bought my Reefbreeders Proton 32 LED set. The problem I have is i have no idea how to hang or where to hang it. I would like to know if you guys have any ideas for me.
  3. lilj104

Sump Help!!!

I am doing my tank project and I have 65 Deep blue RR aquarium and 20g L sump. Now I am trying to put together the plumbing for my sump. I am looking for good sample to go with. I would like to use PVC plumbing. Can anyone help with any designs?
  4. lilj104

To paint or not to paint

I am thinking of painting the back of my aquarium black. Is that a good idea or is it better to the background at a LFS and tape it to the back of the aquarium? If painting is the better option what paint should I use from Home Depot or Lowes?
  5. lilj104

I need help to drill holes in my RJ black stand

I purchased a deep blue 65g RR aquarium and a RJ birch black stand. The stand has no holes or area for the plumbing to pass through. I would to know what can I use to make the holes and also how big should the holes be?
  6. lilj104

Reefbreeders LED optics question

I plan on buying a Reefbreeder Photon 32. They have option for 60, 90, 120 degree optics. Which is the best option? http://www.reefbreeders.com/it2080.html
  7. lilj104

Which is better Sand or Crushed Coral

I'm starting up a new tank and my previous 2 tanks I've used crushed coral. But if sand is a better option for this new aquarium project I will go with sand. Which is better between the two?
  8. lilj104

PVC plumbing adhesive question

I am trying to assemble my plumbing for my refugium. I've bought a lot of my PVC parts from Home Depot, Lowes, ACE Hardware, and amazon.com. I want to make sure that I do not glue the PVC together with a adhesive that will be toxic to my aquarium. So what glue can I use to glue the PVC...
  9. lilj104

AI Sol question

I have gained a liking for this light fixture and wanted to know others opinions on it. If its not the best option what other LED light fixture would be a better choice?
  10. lilj104

How many fish can I keep in a 65g

I am planning for my 65g Deep blue reef ready tank. 36x18x24 ( i think). It will be reef aquarium. I would like to know how many fish can I put inside this tank. And also what kind of fish should I avoid, and which fish would you recommend for a tank this size? Now I won't just throw them...
  11. lilj104

J'son Nano Cube JBJ Aquarium - upgraded LEDs to replace fluoscents

I recently had to move which is probably in most cases a aquariumist worst nightmare, but the I was a little excited in having the ability to rescape the tank. So I will have a picture of the old look and the new look and tell me what you think BEFORE AFTER
  12. lilj104

Sump refugium DIY question

I plan on making a refugium out of a 20g L aquarium. Now i've seem many layouts/designs of different one. Which would be the best way to make a refugium: 1) Chamber 1: protein skimmer and sock Chamber 2: refugium Chamber 3: return pump 2) Chamber 1: Protein skimmer and sock...
  13. lilj104

Which Reactor if any?

I plan on purchasing a 57g RR deep blue. I will be building a 20g Long sump. 30x13x12. My question are reactors necessary? And if so, which one(s) would be optimal for a aquarium?
  14. lilj104

Coral help

I have a 12g nanocube..I've had my tank set up since Sept. Yesterday I did a water change in my aquarium and went to a new fish store to purchase a few things. After the water change which isn't unusual for my xenias to be a lil dull but when I woke up this morning and seeing them not pulsing...
  15. lilj104

TIde Pools in FL?

Not sure if this is the right forum but does anyone know where I can find decent tide pools for stuff for my tank apart from the keys?
  16. lilj104

What's a good decent price LED system

I would like to buy an LED system for my tank. For my nano cube I actually did a diy set up but do not really want to do that for my next project. I was looking into the AQUATICLIFE EXPANDABLE LED LIGHT FIXTURES or is there anything else better that you may know of
  17. lilj104

why are my zoo's so small

I have a 12g nanocube. I have a few zoos who when i first had them in the tank they were bigger, now they are open but shrunken and not to maximum size. Why do some of my zoo stay open to maximum size and other shrunken in and small
  18. lilj104

How do I get rid of hair algae

I have 12g nano tank, and have an outburst of hair algae. I've tried emerald crabs = fail; lettuce nudibranch = fail; and even a lawnmower blenny = still fail. So i'm at my wits end with this. Today I spent an hour flucking hairs from scattered rock. Does anyone have an alternative.
  19. lilj104

LEDs for my next aquarium

I'm planning on buying a deep blue 57 rimless aquarium. I wanted to know everyone's opinion about which LEDs have worked best for them or someone they know. On my JBJ nanocube, I actually built my own LED set up, but i'm not sure if I want to go down that pathway this time around.
  20. lilj104

DIY sump, help anyone

I'm pretty sure this has been done on here, but does anyone know any links to diy sumps. I need ideas and direction