Coral help

lilj104

I have a 12g nanocube..I've had my tank set up since Sept. Yesterday I did a water change in my aquarium and went to a new fish store to purchase a few things. After the water change which isn't unusual for my xenias to be a lil dull but when I woke up this morning and seeing them not pulsing I was worried. When I checked the salinity it went from 1.025 before the water change to 1.018. Only my pulsing xenia and some snow flake polyps have been effected. Other than that everything else is fine including both ricordea's that I bought yesterday.

When i checked the water salinity from the store it was r/o water they gave me instead of salt. :poof::cursin: So I did another water change which brought it up to 1.021 and then took a part out and it brought it up to 1.024.

Will my Xenia's survive this or did I increase the salinity too fast for my aquarium and will mess it all up?

FF337

Id bet they would be just fine. Tomorrow remove a gallon of water. Mix a quarter cup of salt with it dump it back into the tank. Check your salinity. If its low. Do it again the following day.

Lesson learned you should be fine. Always double check after everyone.

Edit. I missed where you brought it to 1.024 . Add a quarter cup tomorrow and recheck.

lilj104

Id bet they would be just fine. Tomorrow remove a gallon of water. Mix a quarter cup of salt with it dump it back into the tank. Check your salinity. If its low. Do it again the following day.

Lesson learned you should be fine. Always double check after everyone.

Edit. I missed where you brought it to 1.024 . Add a quarter cup tomorrow and recheck.

good to know, cuz i was really getting aggitated about it. I definitely should of checked the water, but you live and learn