Search results

1. caligal

wet dry setup and red slime algae

thanks for the advice. unfortunately a skimmer is not anywhere in the future because of $$$ and will not be put on the tank for a while, so i have to fix the problem with out. i'm not the only one who feeds the tank so ill probably have to monitor that more closely. i was hoping there was any...
  2. caligal

wet dry setup and red slime algae

got a 56 gallon tank with a large wet dry over-flow system in the corner. all that is in the tank is a pair of large ocellaris clowns and a large carpet anemone. theres also an anemone crab, a few turbos and 2 dwarf hermits, with some live rock. i cannot get rid of a red slime algae...
  3. caligal

lobophylia without a body?

wow, that gives me a little hope at least, thanks! do you feed him? mines doing the same thing and is moving around a little bit too, i'm going to just keep him in my nano tank with hardly any flow. ill most definitely let you know if i find out anything worthwhile that helps!
  4. caligal

lobophylia without a body?

is there any way humanly or in this case coraly possible that a lobo can live without an extoskeleton? ex. just its super thick meaty body if it attaches to a rock?
  5. caligal

phosphate levels

thats great thanks for the advice, im going to add charcol filtration right now and do another water change tomorow morning!
  6. caligal

phosphate levels

had a large long tentacle plate coral die overnight...removal was messy and contaminated the tank iv done recomended water changes 4 times and added the bottled beneficial bacteria (recomended by lfs) phosphate currently reads about 2.0 maybe a little less, all other levels are stable (ph...
  7. caligal

Does this fish look ok?

if it seems like he scrambling to get food (i did this with a sick clearer wrasse) isolate him in a small container once or twice a day and feed him individually in there
  8. caligal

Does this fish look ok?

what type of food have you been feeding?
  9. caligal

earthquakes?

o man power loss is scary! i guess it can happen anywhere tho...i need to get a back up generator within the next little while, thats been something iv been thinking about too!
  10. caligal

earthquakes?

thanks for sharing those pics...thats nice to know that your tank survived that quake, i know every ones not that lucky tho :O i definitely have some electrical re-wiring to do tho and need to think about re-enforcing my stand, thanks for the advice everyone :)
  11. caligal

earthquakes?

living in socal...i realized the other day that i live in the earthquake capital of the world and have 3 glass boxes filled with water and fish in my house... do people earthquake proof their tanks??? is there any way to earthquake proof a tank???
  12. caligal

emergency coral rehab!

yaa i am feeding it at night, its hard to really pin point his mouth though. but as of the last feeding, i target fed oysterfeast, he opened up and ate a small piece of scallop. today hes looking better than yesterday and the day before...i just hope he keeps improving, fingers crossed :) (and...
  13. caligal

A Picture A Day......

[/URL][/IMG]
  14. caligal

emergency coral rehab!

so i rescued a beautiful bubble coral from an aquarium store the other day. i tend to rescue and rehab things instead of spending lots of money on big beautiful fully grown and polyped ones. but anyways. its got a skeleton showing on each side...not too severely but somewhat (1/16-1/8") iv been...
  15. caligal

is it mean to kill aptasia?

so the majority of them are gone...the small ones are succccchhhhh a pain to get cause theres so many of them!!! i would get a peppermint shrimp in (hoping it would take care of them) but its the death tank...anything that goes in never comes out, because of my ginourmous man eating giant carpet...
  16. caligal

haha thank you, so i have finally found the time to irradicate all aptaisa, i filled em all up with aptasia x and im just playing the waiting game now, anything i should be doing in particular during this waiting time? i did turn the power head off so the mixture wouldnt fly around, im just...
  17. caligal

haha thanks everyone for the input...i have killed one so far :yup:, im hoping to irradicate some more a little later this evening and tomorow tho and have a nice aptasia free tank again!
  18. caligal

haha i love everyones replies, and @reefer gladness, Ya i am in PDR! the aquarium is such a great place, i'v gotta make my way out to vivid aquariums tho...looks like an awesome place. on another note, do anemones (like aptasia) have a central nervous system? i know corals dont, but an...
  19. caligal

in my biocube 29 i have 2 or 3 absolutely beautiful pieces of live rock but they are covered with 1/2 dozen or so of big good sized aptasia is it mean to kill them? idk what else to do to get them off. the tank is a 1 anemone 2 clownfish only tank, but i still wished that my live rock wasnt...
  20. caligal

Ai Sol Bricks

haha, the lighting change is kinda drastic. i went from horrible low powered LED CITIS lights to these wonderful AI bricks now, so im just being super cautious about my light acclimation, iv just been increasing the percentage manually about 2% every 2 or 3 days