emergency coral rehab!

caligal

so i rescued a beautiful bubble coral from an aquarium store the other day. i tend to rescue and rehab things instead of spending lots of money on big beautiful fully grown and polyped ones. but anyways. its got a skeleton showing on each side...not too severely but somewhat (1/16-1/8") iv been target feeding oyster feast but have no idea what to do besides that...my other two bubbles i had just kinda perked up and started eating immediately which is why im worried about this one...its hard to see his mouth and im just not really sure what to do....(understands its a 50/50 gamble too, im just hoping for the best)

any advice or past experience would be greatly appreciated. thanks :)

frisbee

Well, if your other two bubble corals seem to be doing ok, I think it might just be a matter of time. I'm assuming your parameters and lighting are adequate. Just keep trying to feed it every now & then and be patient. GL.

caligal

yaa i am feeding it at night, its hard to really pin point his mouth though. but as of the last feeding, i target fed oysterfeast, he opened up and ate a small piece of scallop. today hes looking better than yesterday and the day before...i just hope he keeps improving, fingers crossed :) (and yea my other 2 bubbles are doing very very well)

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
time and food. Rescuing coral is as u said 50/50. Benifit to it is, u can usually get sick looking coral cheap. Bad part is, they're either sick because of neglect/mistreatment or some form of desease. Ive rescued a coral or two in my time, but they NEVER go into my DT. I have a 12g nano that i use for a QT. I keep it running all the time with a bit of shrimp in when its empty. Back chambers are full of marble size rubble and Pillow stuffing floss. I change water in it every two weeks at 50%, when i do WC for my other tanks. It has PC lighting, one 10k one actinic. Corals do well in that tank because its so shallow. Nothing except additions to the CUC go directly into my DT. EVER! I keep a couple 29g kits and have a few extra lights on the RARE occasion a friend needs a coral/fish sitter.