Does this fish look ok?

slfcaptain

Forgot the picture.

20131118_133534_zpse81399fe.jpg

steve

DaveK

To me it looks a little thin in the belly, most likely from not eating enough. See if you can tempt it to eat more and different foods. Sometimes it helps to have a few fish that will tear into almost anything, and they sort of "teach" the other fish that something is good to eat.

Oxylebius

I've been researching clown gobies b/c they are next on my list of fish to buy. I came across this article that I recommend you read, specifically it calls out the sunken stomachs that they tend to have when they've been starved. If you pick this one up, prepare to nurse it back to health, b/c it looks like it has been starved. Article here

slfcaptain

I've been feeding reef frenzy (chopped up bits of lots of sea creatures plus some garlic).

Right now he is in QT with a pajama cardinal and green clown goby. Everyone seems to be eating good but I have been feeding them every other day. Should I feed more often since they are in QT.

steve

Oxylebius

Yes, it sounds like they have a higher metabolism then other fish. I would feed daily and fatten them up.

caligal

if it seems like he scrambling to get food (i did this with a sick clearer wrasse) isolate him in a small container once or twice a day and feed him individually in there

doesnt look ok to me. I tried 2 times with clown goby, and they always hiding places like behind heater or whatsoever. try feeding with garlic would help maybe its still shy?

If his behavior is healthy- he is healthy as his anatomy will allow for. That's my opinion. I have a sailfin tang with the collapsed fin syndrome, but he is active, inquisitive, and has a very robust appetite. You cannot convince me that he is 'unhealthy', although I concede he is not in perfect condition. Is a blind man healthy? One cannot say without considering his behavior.

slfcaptain

He eats good and is active and fun to watch. I have been feeding him a little extra but he hasn't plumped up but at this point I am comfortable that he is healty. I put him in the DT last night and he is adjusting well.

Thanks for the input.

steve

Oxylebius

On my list of new fish for my tank (starting in Jan)... but which one? The pretty gold or multi-colored one (or citron)?