Search results

1. tommyboynj

Reefkeeper Lite

Iv had it up and runnibg for 2 years. Still hooked up right now. My new apex gets here on tuesday. Ill get pucs up tomorrow. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  2. tommyboynj

Reefkeeper Lite

RKL with temp and ph probe. Sl1 and net modules. $175 shipped. Payment via paypal. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  3. tommyboynj

saddest day of my reefing life

Sorry to hear about this. Unfortunatly youre not the first person this has happened to and I doubt you'll be the last. The transfer from the "old" tank to the new caused an amonia spike that your biological filtration couldn't handle. Then its like a snow ball effect. Each dieing fish adds to...
  4. tommyboynj

???reef Gell food DIY ?????

Go to the grocerie store. Buy a variety of shell fish. Throw it in a blender with some nori, garlic, mysis. Nix the pellets. Pack it in freezer bags. If your keeping up with maintenance and not overfeeding ni need ti worry about it breaking aprt in the tank. Cuc will take care if it. Sent from...
  5. tommyboynj

Experience with montipora and lighting

What lighting do you have. Iv found that mine tend to fade with to much light. They also seem to be more sensative than anything else I have to alk swings Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  6. tommyboynj

Going Rimless....

Oh the other thing. Have you thought about just hanging them from the ceiling. That's how I hung my Sols. You can join the units with the ext rail system. It will look much cleaner especially with the rimless.
  7. tommyboynj

Going Rimless....

Looking good. When you skin that stand make sure you provide access to one of the short sides. You'll be amazed how much easier have not just front access can make things.
  8. tommyboynj

Toms 75 - And So It Begins

I'm using the apollo reef led cube light.
  9. tommyboynj

BUILDING A DREAM....Dream 2.0

This has come along beautifully since I last checked in over here. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  10. tommyboynj

Toms 75 - And So It Begins

Been absent from rs for to long. Heres some updated pics. Just added in a frag tank. Tanks is doing well. Still running the biopellets. Done some rescaping. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZZYr_6QklE&feature=youtube_gdata_player Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  11. tommyboynj

PM Redline 175 Skimmer F/S

$200 shipped. Used but in perfect condition.
  12. tommyboynj

JET's new Bangkok 230g tank

You really need to get some wrasses in that tank :-). Looking awesome man.
  13. tommyboynj

BUILDING A DREAM....Dream 2.0

Coming along nicely. I need to get at least the po4 checker. That's the test I have yet to find easy to read on any regular test kit. I got a digital refrac for Xmas and love it.
  14. tommyboynj

To much water in system?

Steve is right. Focus on not watering the carpet when you power down. With the power off, what you could do is fill your sump to the desired max level. Then fill your tank to the point just below the overflow. Once you power on, your water lines will fill up bringing you sump level down, also...
  15. tommyboynj

Hi from South Africa

My wife was born in Joburg. Her folks both grew up in the US but my father in laws worked for the associated press for 45 years and was stationed in SA during the mid 70's so my wife was born there.
  16. tommyboynj

Biopellet journal

Ok so here we are with week 5 results. One side note. I changed out 50% of my sand bed this week. Based on what I siphoned off I was expecting elevated nitrates and phosphate but it doesn't appear to be the case. PO4 = 0.04 NO3 = somewhere between 5 and 2.5ppm on salifert test Glass is...
  17. tommyboynj

Sand Bed Maintenance

Yep. I change out my reactor media every other water change anyway so that got done today as part of my regular routine. I also threw a couple of cups in a bag and put it the filter sock. That was some nasty stuff I stirred up.
  18. tommyboynj

Sand Bed Maintenance

Well, I've learned a lesson. I need to take better care of my sand bed. I got in ther today to stir it up and boy what a mess. I vacuumed half of the bed completely out. It was severely laden with detritus. So bad that the water being siphoned of was brown! I replaced it with about an inch of...
  19. tommyboynj

feeding a lawnmower blenny? advice needed

I have never seen mine eat anything that I've put in the tank and he's fat and happy.
  20. tommyboynj

Sand Bed Maintenance

I'm trying to improve my husbandry skills. Been reading a lot regarding sand bed maintenance. I have about 1.5 inches of sand. When I dig down, I'm finding some larger ares where it appears to be solidified. Most of what I have been reading leads me to believe this id due to phosphate. I've also...