BUILDING A DREAM....Dream 2.0

MrReefNoob

Don't mention it :)
Totally and utterly addicted :D
We'll get them all, one by one :p
I personally think that the clam was exactly what my tank needed, it's now just a matter of finishing of my acro collection and a small zoa garden for colour on the rock where the clam lives :)
Yep, I will hopefully have all the tests I need by the weeks end! And then the week after that will hopefully bring my dosing gear and supplements :D
I would love a GHL doser but the budget I'm giving myself will get me a nice 3-channel Kamoer :) so I won't be complaining!
Good to hear that you really enjoyed yours! Thanks for all the info on what you dose too!! :) Really helps me decide and plan what I'll do, are you adding any other supplements like amino's, plankton based foods or trace elements and such??

I'm glad to help ya :)
My tank is a full Zeovit tank with KZ Zeolith media in a Zeo Filter.
I'm using:
ZeoFood (Bacteria + Coral food)
Coral Vitalizer (coral food)
B-Balance (trace elements)
Planning to start low doses of K-Balance (Potassium) in near future for Potassium maintenance.
Not adding amino acids yet.
Kamoer is a good dosing unit :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I'm glad to help ya :)
My tank is a full Zeovit tank with KZ Zeolith media in a Zeo Filter.
I'm using:
ZeoFood (Bacteria + Coral food)
Coral Vitalizer (coral food)
B-Balance (trace elements)
Planning to start low doses of K-Balance (Potassium) in near future for Potassium maintenance.
Not adding amino acids yet.
Kamoer is a good dosing unit :)

I can't wait to start getting into the really serious side of things for my sps :)
I do love the ideas behind Zeovit tanks and the way they are run and my next tank is most likely to be run as one too :) might just keep things simple for this tank for the moment! Just the usual suspects plus a few other little additions like KoralColour, an amino supplement and probably some zooplankton/reefsnow. I'll be very interested to see how the tank reacts to different things :) Everyone loves the addition of KoralColour!!

MrReefNoob

I can't wait to start getting into the really serious side of things for my sps :)
I do love the ideas behind Zeovit tanks and the way they are run and my next tank is most likely to be run as one too :) might just keep things simple for this tank for the moment! Just the usual suspects plus a few other little additions like KoralColour, an amino supplement and probably some zooplankton/reefsnow. I'll be very interested to see how the tank reacts to different things :) Everyone loves the addition of KoralColour!!

Hiya Dom,
I was attracted to Zeovit coz of the control it offers and seeing many successful tanks with awe inspiring colours. So I thought of giving it a shot. But then again I'm not using the whole array of the Zeovit products. Just trying out the additives I feel will make a difference on my reef.
Just experimenting :)
You are right keeping things simple is the right way. Go slow and steady and success will follow mate.
If your corals are happy and doing well then don't change anything but continue with what you are doing :)

MrReefNoob

I lost TOTM :(

Thanks so much to each and everyone who voted for me. I am a winner their eyes...that means a lot to me....
Happy Reefing!!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hiya Dom,
I was attracted to Zeovit coz of the control it offers and seeing many successful tanks with awe inspiring colours. So I thought of giving it a shot. But then again I'm not using the whole array of the Zeovit products. Just trying out the additives I feel will make a difference on my reef.
Just experimenting :)
You are right keeping things simple is the right way. Go slow and steady and success will follow mate.
If your corals are happy and doing well then don't change anything but continue with what you are doing :)

Howdy!
I can certainly understand the thought behind the zeovit systems and all the products that they have for the reef aquaria, especially for sps dominated tanks. I'm just sticking with au naturel for my tank but my next system may change things up depending on how it turns out :)
Simple, slow and well researched is how I'm doing things because I love learning everything I can and I want to give my animals the best care possible as you do :)
I have scored myself a really cheap second hand Kamoer doser and so while I continue to do my testing at least I know I'll have the equipment require for the dosing if it's needed but my thoughts are it will be. I dosed a little bit of calcium the other day midweek a couple of times and the growth has gone bananas :p along with the KoralColour I'm really happy :)
I might be doing a rescape soon though depending on how the clam settles over the next few weeks as I feel it might not be getting enough light but it might also just be due to it settled into the tank still, we shall see!
Pity you didn't win TOTM :( There's always next month and I'm sure someone might nominate you again ;)

Hmmmm Zeovit systems etc.........

On the other hand I have seen some stunning TOTM features in magazines and they all vary in the way they achieve the look and colours. Some of them don't feed corals or supplement at all, just replenish with the water changes.

MrReefNoob

Howdy!
I can certainly understand the thought behind the zeovit systems and all the products that they have for the reef aquaria, especially for sps dominated tanks. I'm just sticking with au naturel for my tank but my next system may change things up depending on how it turns out :)
Simple, slow and well researched is how I'm doing things because I love learning everything I can and I want to give my animals the best care possible as you do :)
I have scored myself a really cheap second hand Kamoer doser and so while I continue to do my testing at least I know I'll have the equipment require for the dosing if it's needed but my thoughts are it will be. I dosed a little bit of calcium the other day midweek a couple of times and the growth has gone bananas :p along with the KoralColour I'm really happy :)
I might be doing a rescape soon though depending on how the clam settles over the next few weeks as I feel it might not be getting enough light but it might also just be due to it settled into the tank still, we shall see!
Pity you didn't win TOTM :( There's always next month and I'm sure someone might nominate you again ;)
Hiya Dom,
My going Zeovit is just wanting to try something different and see first hand how things work out. I liked the idea of tweaking things here and there and see how corals respond. The idea is achieving a true ULNS system. My personal opinion is Zeovit works best in a SPS dominated system. The LPS and the softies don't seem to really enjoy Zeovit as much as the SPS.
As I had said before if things are looking good keep it that way :)
That's great u scored on a Kamoer...but make sure you calibrate the dosing before you deploy it.
Regarding the clam...it will tell you if it's unhappy. You can see it tipping over constantly or shifting position overnight. It means it's not very happy with the light or flow. Give it a few days and check.
Great job with what you are doing and good luck bro.

MrReefNoob

Hmmmm Zeovit systems etc.........

On the other hand I have seen some stunning TOTM features in magazines and they all vary in the way they achieve the look and colours. Some of them don't feed corals or supplement at all, just replenish with the water changes.
Hi Reef Commando,
You are right...there are many great tanks that are not using Zeovit and looks amazing.
But a true ULNS system stands apart in how it looks...it's like crystal among the glass....
I wanted to achieve that so hence the Zeovit way.

MrReefNoob

Amazing, you are certainly a inspiration for beginners like me to Dream On.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Hi Jose,
Thanks a lot for viewing my thread and taking time to read through.
Thanks again for the kind words of compliment and I'm glad I could help u to "Dream" and make it a reality :)

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hiya Dom,
My going Zeovit is just wanting to try something different and see first hand how things work out. I liked the idea of tweaking things here and there and see how corals respond. The idea is achieving a true ULNS system. My personal opinion is Zeovit works best in a SPS dominated system. The LPS and the softies don't seem to really enjoy Zeovit as much as the SPS.
As I had said before if things are looking good keep it that way :)
That's great u scored on a Kamoer...but make sure you calibrate the dosing before you deploy it.
Regarding the clam...it will tell you if it's unhappy. You can see it tipping over constantly or shifting position overnight. It means it's not very happy with the light or flow. Give it a few days and check.
Great job with what you are doing and good luck bro.

I do find the ULNS a really interesting concept and would love to try it out on a small tank one day to really get an idea of it's effects and how the corals go :) I think it's all fascinating! And I would definitely be using a Zeovit system to achieve it.
Yep, I don't have much intention of changing things yet but rather preparing and having things ready for when I do :) For the moment I'm just testing the system and watching what levels and parameters do and how stable they are and I will make adjustments according to what I find :) Nothing major though as everyone is happy :D
Yeah, it was such a good find! Right after talking about it someone listed one for sale. So good score there!!
It's very happy :yup: Mantle fully extended and open everyday from once the lights turn on, foot is down and secure and it's not even really bothered by the fish so overall I'm stoked!! The only reason I'm thinking about moving it up a little bit, is because it seems to have produce a little more zooxanthellea but it might also just be adjusting :) I won't be doing any rescapes for at least a month so I know for sure or not whether it's necessary :)
Enough about my system though :p How's your tank going??? And all the new equipment that you got recently?? :dance:

MrReefNoob

I do find the ULNS a really interesting concept and would love to try it out on a small tank one day to really get an idea of it's effects and how the corals go :) I think it's all fascinating! And I would definitely be using a Zeovit system to achieve it.
Yep, I don't have much intention of changing things yet but rather preparing and having things ready for when I do :) For the moment I'm just testing the system and watching what levels and parameters do and how stable they are and I will make adjustments according to what I find :) Nothing major though as everyone is happy :D
Yeah, it was such a good find! Right after talking about it someone listed one for sale. So good score there!!
It's very happy :yup: Mantle fully extended and open everyday from once the lights turn on, foot is down and secure and it's not even really bothered by the fish so overall I'm stoked!! The only reason I'm thinking about moving it up a little bit, is because it seems to have produce a little more zooxanthellea but it might also just be adjusting :) I won't be doing any rescapes for at least a month so I know for sure or not whether it's necessary :)
Enough about my system though :p How's your tank going??? And all the new equipment that you got recently?? :dance:
Hiya Dom,
You definately doing this right. Slow n steady,,,,
I would definately encourage to try out a UNLS system...there is something about the look and feel of these systems that makes them stand apart. You have to see them in person to see the difference.
What iv known is you don't need a truck load of additives to achieve this. Few selective additives and dedicated care will do.
Sorry for slacking with the installation of the new equipments. I was outta station and am back now :)
Going back to the drawing board and gonna plan and get stuff installed :D

MrReefNoob

Some additions...

gQIGrDW.jpg

9I3MvBv.jpg

DGI9x3K.jpg

htXvfPm.jpg