Search results

1. S

emerald crabs

i have two emerald crabs, they are doing fine and very mobile, but they are no longer that nice green color, they are a chalky kind of color, it there something wrong with them ? all levels are normal, calcium 450, ph 8.2 ect... is there something i missed ? all of my shrimp are fine...
  2. S

sand dollars....are they able to live in mytank ?

i live in tampa fl and went out to the beach and found a ton of the "sand dollars" and wondered if they would live in my tank ?
  3. S

starting to get some red algea on the sand bed

i have been getting red algea on my sand bed, i have to stir the sand every day or two so it does not get carried away. is this normal ? do i need to change something ? all perameters are great and i do a water change every 30 days (20gal on my 90gal tank)
  4. S

layer of film on top of water...

i have a layer of film on the top of the water in the tank, i have the return on the top of the water but it does not clear it, any ideas on how to get rid of it ??? thanks
  5. S

missing a clam and a clownfish

well, went away for the weekend and came home and my clam was tipped over and to my surprise when i turned it upright it was just a clean shell on the inside. also last night i noticed that one of my two clown fish was missing, i looked high and low and cannot see any pieces or parts.... anyone...
  6. S

what is this growing on my rock ?

any help would be great, this hairy looking stuff is everywhere and spreading, does anyone know what it is ? it is hard to see, but this is the best pic i could get
  7. S

coraline algea turning lime gren???

:bouncebox i have a large amount of purple algea in my tank, now some of it that is on the back glass is turning lime green. almost looks like it is dying ? the biggest area is right behind my leather, might that have something to do with it ? is this bad ?
  8. S

so the wife wants an EEL

i dont know anything about eels, but she is determined to get one. the only thing that i know is that as they grow they are messy. she is looking at a snowflake eel, what are the good/bad on them ? how do they get fed ?
  9. S

what about scallops ?

i was thinking of getting something differnet for my tank, i would like a clam but i dont know if that would work with my t5 lighting, does anyone keep scallops or does anyone have any other ideas ?
  10. S

OK, i think i know what is going on..need professional help

well i have had multiple problems with the couple of tangs i got, i had the first pbt and it died, now i got a new pbt and a purple tang and the pbt died and the purple looks sick this morning, i believe that my tank has a bad case of ich...they all (tangs)seem to loose color, then there...
  11. S

where to get nori

where is the best place to get nori (seaweed)....?
  12. S

sick tang....help me

i have two new fish (2 weeks old), a PBT and a purple tang. they are eating great (flake food, occasional frozen food and nori to pick at) and last night i saw that the PBT color was fading and this morning he had dark splotches all over him, i do not know what is going on but i dont like it...
  13. S

what is the problem....got a sailfin(died) now a PBT died

i dont understand, i got a sailfin a month or so ago, it lived about a week or so, eating fine active then lost color and died almost two weeks ago i got a PBT and it died this morning, it was also eating fine very active and colorfull. it had a horizontal line on his body (i thought it was...
  14. S

collecting coral......how do i get it from sea to tank alive

i was in the florida keys on the weekend, went out to the reef and the reef was wonderful, lots of fish and coral, many fish i could not id, but it made me want a entire reef in my house. what is the deal with collecting coral, is is illegal ? if not what is the proceedure to gather and...
  15. S

red algae

lots of it !!!!!!!! how do i get rid of it, it is all over the substrate, please advise thanks
  16. S

my heater exploded !!!! is it life threatning

last night i was examining the output of the jets to see if i could find my bubble problem and i must have hit my heater and it poped out of the plastic holder and came out of the water...well to say the least it popped anf the glass broke. i took it out and cleaned all the pieces out asap ( i...
  17. S

new pictures (actually first pics posted) thought i would share

hello all, i have finally posted pictutes of my tank, i just updated and added my refugium, removed bioballs and letting it settle down. my one problem is that i have a ton of bubbles, anyone have any ideas what it may be ? please see my gallery for pics also wondered what everyone...
  18. S

fish feeders...anyone have any input

just a quick post...i need a fish feeder for when i am away, anyone have input on which one i should purchase ? thanks:) :) :) :) :rolleyes:
  19. S

refugium additions "good plant" or a "bad plant"

this weekend i took the bioballs out of my sump, replaced the "blue filter" tray with a sock, added my refugium , a 25 gal with 3" of live sand and mud(made for a refugium) mix and a piece of liverock with live kelp, a couple very small assorted plants. now my question is does anyone have a...
  20. S

LIVEROCK..colonyWorm,

has anyone heard of this stuff called colonyworm liverock (or should i say liverock substitute) one of my lfs has a shipment of this stuff gathered here in florida, but i have never heard of it. they also sell fiji rock