Search results

1. T

Thanks!!!

John, Just wanted to come in here and post and tell you that everything is alive and well. Always have heard great reviews about you guys and I have to say that you by far exceeded expectations. First time I have ever ordered anything live online and was very pleased. Only if you sold fish...
  2. T

ID Please Red branch things growing off Liverock (photos)

These things are starting to multiply decently fast and I was hoping someone could tell me what it was and whether or not i need to get it out of the tank. any help is appreciated.
  3. T

Hitchhiker ID Please?!?!?

My tank is cycling and these little guys have started to pop up off the live rock. I have no clue what they are and if they are a good or bad thing. Also I had a hitchhiker coral that looks to be a frogspawn I believe...could anyone be able to id that to.
  4. T

Eshopps psk-75h and psk-100 skimmers

I have to brand new psh-75h and psk-100 skimmers..the 75h is a hang on the back skimmer while the psk-100 is an in sump skimmer. Both are brand new still in the box. 80+shipping+paypal fee for the Psk-75h 70+shipping+paypal fee for the psk-100 tyler01avalanche@msn.com for questions
  5. T

Eshopps PSK-75h Protein Skimmer

I have a brand new not even taken out of the box Eshopps PSK-75h protein skimmer. This is the hang on the back protein skimmer. $80+actual shipping+ paypal fees. email me with any questions tyler01avalanche@msn.com
  6. T

Question about cycling with Pics!!!

Im currently in the second week of my cycle and i have started to not a brown ???? starting to take over the tanks. I dont know if this is a good thing or bad thing but its starting to even creep into the sand. I had a hitchiker hermit crab, snail, and one polyp coral that are all doing fine in...
  7. T

Real Quick!!!

whats the use of the flow concentrator nozzle and fish-grid that come with the hydor koralia one. Its the two pieces that arent connected to the powerhead when you take it out of the box and idk what im supposed to do with them?
  8. T

Question about Nitrates??

So im getting ready to put the tank together as everything has came in today. My 70lbs of LR is in a 30 gallon trash can with 2 power heads, and heater. I have another 20 gallon of saltwater thats been mixing for 48hrs in another tub. I check salinity, nitrate, and ph. The ph is very very close...
  9. T

My 55 gallon build

So Im new here so I decide to start a thread about my tank build to help me keep up with everything and for everyone to see the progress. Right now I just bought a 55 gallon tenecor acryllic aquarium with a 5 gallon sump. I also have some Catalina 48" Lights that are 4x64 watss. They are power...
  10. T

Eshopps PSK-75H HOB Skimmer NEVER USED STILL IN PACKAGE $90

I bought this skimmer before I took my aquarium back and got a drilled one. My loss is your gain as this is one of the best bang for your buck HOB skimmers on the market as I have been told. Looking for a quick sell as I have no need for it. Buyer will pay 90+Actual shipping cost... Email...
  11. T

Quick Question about Skimmers

Im looking at the eshopps psk-75 and the psk-100. The psk-75 is rater for 75-100 gallons and the psk-100 is rater for 100-150 gallons. I have a 55 gallon aquarium. Is there any reason I should go with the small skimmer instead of the larger one?
  12. T

choosing an aqaurium input needed???

Just looked at a custom 55 gallon accryillic aquarium today. The guy is selling a 55 gallon tenecor custom aquarium with the canopy and the stand. It has a 48" corlife 260watt powercompact light that comes with it along with the sump and all the plumbing as well. He is asking $375 for...
  13. T

Ebay t5 fixtures??

I didnt know if anyone had any experience with these ebay t5 fixtures. The only noticeable difference i can find that would be a negative is that it use one polished reflector instead of a reflector on each bulb. 36" T5 HO Aquarium Light Marine Cichlid 156W 4x 39W - eBay (item 300384655448 end...
  14. T

Protein Skimmer

Looking at an Eshopps psk-100h hob skimmer. Does anyone have any personal experience with them and if so how do you like it?
  15. T

Starting a Reef Tank, QUESTIONS!!!

So I went to my local aquarium shop today to pick up my aquarium that my girlfriend got me for christmas. I got him to give me a list of the rest of the stuff I would need to start the aquarium. I just wanted to see what you guys thought about the products and also if there is anything else i...
  16. T

New to the Forum HELP??

Hey guys im Tyler and live in NC and im new to the forum and basically new to aquariums in general. I have wanted a salt water aquarium for years but just bought my own place so now I finally have the chance to own one. I had a couple questions before I begin to start my aquarium. I plan on...