ID Please Red branch things growing off Liverock (photos)

These things are starting to multiply decently fast and I was hoping someone could tell me what it was and whether or not i need to get it out of the tank. any help is appreciated.
IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0065-1.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

It has two little antennas poking out of the "shell", When I poked it, you could see it slide back into the "shell"...maybe a worm??

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
vermetid snail - filter feeders and most people don't have a problem with them but they went crazy in my tank and I ended up with a gazillion.

JJmoneyman....any luck getting them out other than manually doing it? I just counted 40+ of them and the shells are quite hard..Luckily my tank has never been really stocked..been running since December of 09 but the only livestock is two clownfish and a blue throat trigger. I have been lucky enough to also collect about 5 aiptasia, 200+ pineapple sponges, and about 20 limpets. Would really like the aiptasia and these guys to be gone lol...was thinking about a copperband butterfly? I feel like I might be the only one running a hitchiker majority population on the board

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I personally hate the things but they don't hurt your tank. I had 100's in my 55 and nothing would touch them for me. Breaking them off didn't work and there were to many to glue. I upgraded to a larger tank and haven't seen one in it yet.

DesertOrchid

Use a hemastat to remove them. Gets the shell and pinches the worm where it usually floats away and feeds the fish.