Search results

1. J

Interested in Creating a Seahorse tank!

Hello everyone. About a year ago I sadly got rid of my 300g Reef tank. Well, I finally got some space and have a 27g cube. I was looking at setting this up for sea horses. I have 0 experience with seahorses, and don't remember much about them so here are my questions: 1. I have a canister...
  2. J

Good T5 Lighting for tank?

Hello, I was wondering what is a good type of lighting for my tank? I have Aquarium Lighting T5 Fluorescent Light Fixture: AquaticLife T5 HO and Lunar Light Fixtures At the moment. Are the lights I have good enough to grow SPS corals? That's what I'm looking to grow.
  3. J

Good way to keep heat down, other than chiller?

I'm just looking for a way to keep the heat down in my tank. The room is even heated from the tank.. The tank used to stay at the 78 degree mark, but it has now slowly gone up. Will some clip on fans by each Metal Halide (theres 3) work? I'm just looking for it to go down maybe 3-4 degrees.
  4. J

Bleaching Problem :(...uh oh.

I have 3 acans with 30+ heads on each, hammer corals, and some SPS corals, that have just started bleaching. One of the SPS has already completely died. I have no idea what the problem is? I have 3 x 250 watt MH, and I tried turning the middle MH off because I thought it might be emitting to...
  5. J

What to get ? (CC advice)

Hello, as some of you might know my 265 Gallon fish tank is getting set up at my house tomorrow! (YAY) Anyways, I've been trying to anticipate all the coral and fish I'm getting. I'm planning on a bunch of coral and fishes, so what kind of clean up crew will I be needing? Like I'm looking for...
  6. J

Stocking a 265 Gallon Reef Aquarium?

Hello, I recently got a 265 Gallon aquarium from my dad. It's brand new about to be set up in my house. We purchased 350lbs of live rock. Basically during the cycling period I'm trying to think of SPS, LPS, and some softies for the tank, and what would look good. Also fish wise, I have...
  7. J

JonnyF's 265 Gallon Reef tank!

Hello, today me and my Dad went by the store and he purchased me a 265 Gallon Display tank. I am starting this so in the future I can see how far along I have come! It is 7 Feet long, and 24" wide. Equipment: * Sump - MarineLand Model 3 Sump * Lighting - Aqualight Pro 72" * Pump (external) -...
  8. J

Setting up a group of frag tanks!

Hello all! I'm posting here because me and my dad have decided to set up a 90-200 Gallon display tank, and 5-8 Frag tanks, and 3 Breeding tanks for clowns. I honestly have no idea where to start. We are planning on selling the coral frags + fish when they get old enough. I am new to this, so...
  9. J

Looking for new Aquarium Setup! Please help!

Hello, I am looking at getting a new aquarium. Earlier today I had decided I was going to get a 12 Gallon Nanocube, but after a long talk with my parents and some negotiating, I can get up to a 34 gallon aquarium in my room. So I have been looking at getting a new one :)! Also, I would prefer...
  10. J

Has anyone used Nanocustoms?

Hello, I am new to saltwater, been on the site for sometime. Anyways, i got my 37 gallon all set up to the best of my abilities, and I have a 8 gallon Biocube FW setup. I was looking at getting a 12 gallon Nanocube from Nanocustoms.com. I was thinking of getting this one: nanocustoms Or this...
  11. J

Purchasing new 12gallon NanoCube!

Hello, I am going to order online a 12 gallon nanocube. I would like to know if anyone likes the nanocube, and what they think of it. What upgrades would you put on it? I would like to make it a nano reef. Not sure what types of coral, inverts, and one fish that I would put in there. Any...
  12. J

Need lots of help with Sump!

Ok, so I was thinking of getting a sump on my 37 Gallon SW reef tank. My tank is not drilled so I would need an overflow box. Basically I have no idea how to set it up, and I have no idea what Parts I would need to get water in the sump and then back into the tank. What I need of you all...
  13. J

Ideas for a 2 Gallon Deco Kit?

Hello! and Merry Christmas everyone :). I have had a 2 Gallon Deco kit for quite a while now. I had my Chaeto in there for a while, while waiting for my refugium to come in, but now that its in the 2 gallon is so empty :(. It has black sand in it but thats it. (And a heater) Everything is...
  14. J

Can I take the two HOB filters off of my tank?

Hello, I know I've had alot of topics today but alot has been going on haha. To the point though, can I take my two HOB filters off my tank. They are the only things running the tank right now. It's a 37 gallon reef tank. The reason I am asking this is because my new refugium will be...
  15. J

Has anyone placed an order with Aquacon.com?

Hello, I wanted to know if anyone in this community has used Aquacon.com? I recently placed an order with them and was wondering what happened with your orders! If this is the wrong forum I'm sorry you can just delete this. Thanks.
  16. J

What kinda of Corals go together?

Hello, I have my tank up and running with some corals in the tank. Right now I have one Hammer coral (small), a rock of Zoa's, (medium), 1 Mushroom rock, and 3 other unknown types. Basically what I'm asking is, how close together can I put the corals? I don't want them killing eachother . I...
  17. J

What's a good RO/DI unit?

Hello all, I'm looking for a good RO/DI unit that will be worth my money. I don't need something making crazy amounts of water a day. I just need one for my 37 gallon SW reef tank so I don't have to keep buying water from the store. Preferably looking for one I can find on Aquarium Pet Fish...
  18. J

Tiny Slug looking creature?

Hello, I have a found 4 of these creatures in my tank. They appear to be no more than 2 centimeters in length, and they have what looks like soft spikes sticking up off their back. They hang on the glass and it appears they have a slug like movement. I could of sworn there was only one of these...
  19. J

Help with a friends tank? Dying things!

Hello, my friend recently asked me to post a question for him, and I was also looking for an answer. Anyways here it goes. My friend set up a 37gallon tank before I did, (didn't know it until a couple weeks ago). Anyways it is month 6 of having the tank set up. On month 4 He added a CUC...
  20. J

First Corals? What to geT?

Hello, I started my tank cycling. It's been cycling for about 1-2 weeks now. I've been looking into some corals, but honestly I have no idea what to get. Can anyone advise me on some corals that are easy to keep (for a begginner)? Tank: 8 Gallon BioCube 20lbs live sand 11 lbs live...