What's a good RO/DI unit?

JonnyF

Hello all, I'm looking for a good RO/DI unit that will be worth my money. I don't need something making crazy amounts of water a day. I just need one for my 37 gallon SW reef tank so I don't have to keep buying water from the store.

Preferably looking for one I can find on Aquarium Pet Fish Supplies, Tank Accessories, Products & Equipment because I can only use google checkout on that website :).

Anyways, please let me know! I appreciate it!

BobBursek

All the sponsors here have great units and customer service, The FilterGuys, Bulk Reef Supply, Buckeye Field supply, sounds like a 50gpd would be about right.

JonnyF

I will check the sponsors, but with it being my dad's credit card he only wants me using a site with google checkout..oh well :(.

BobBursek

Jonny,
I donot know what they use for check out online, what about calling and placing the order over the phone.

BLAKEJOHN

Any simple 4 stage unit with standard filters will suit you just fine. The stages would include: Sediment filter, carbon filter, RO membrane and DI. The addition of a dual inline TDS meter and pressure gauge should also be considered. Usually a decent unit wil run just under $200 USD.

Here is a 50gpd unit from reefgeek.com http://www.reefgeek.com/care_&_main..._RO!DI_w!_TDS_&_Flush_Kit_-_50_gpd_by_Aqua-FX

If you are on a well you may need to get a booster pump. For a RO to run efficiently and properly you will need around 65psi of water pressure.

Airwaterice.com has a nice booster pump setup if needed Aquarium Water | Reverse Osmosis | RODI Water | ReefKeeper Water | Booster Pump System Power Station for Reefkeepers

JonnyF

I could order over the phone, will have to ask him when he gets home though. For now I'll look and see if I can find one.