Help with a friends tank? Dying things!

JonnyF

Hello, my friend recently asked me to post a question for him, and I was also looking for an answer.

Anyways here it goes.

My friend set up a 37gallon tank before I did, (didn't know it until a couple weeks ago). Anyways it is month 6 of having the tank set up.

On month 4 He added a CUC + twin spot goby. Month 5 he added two Percula clowns and month 6 he added a 6 line wrasse and the small angel thats purple on the body and has a yellow head.

He added those two new fish yesterday. They appeared to be doing well ate a bit of food and what not. Today he said he got up and they looked fine, but when he got back home from work the angel was dead, and the 6 line was no where in site. I helped him look and we looked in the rock and around most of the rocks and couldn't find him.

Any ideas whats going on?

All the tests came out normal too.

wm23oh

Is their a top on the tank? Could the fish be stuck in he hose? Without any photos or information on the tank it's difficult to draw a picture of the tank. Where do they get the water from? LR/LS?

Was the dead fish injured in any way or parts missing?

The more information the better your answer will be and the quicker we can help.

James

JonnyF

There is a top on the tank - however that back part isn't covered. His tank is like mine there no hoses or pumps. Just two HOB filters. I think hes upgrading soon.

There is LR/LS.

The angel appeared to be cut under the neck. A chunk looked missing there... think the crabs might of got him?

wm23oh

Clowns can be aggressive. Honestly drawing a picture of your friends tank is a little hard to do. Where does he get his water from? How much LR does he have? How many inches of sand are in the tank? Give as much information as possible otherwise it sounds like he has a rock in a little sand. and fish fighting over space and getting eaten by crabs after they die. I have no idea if this is what happened but it is a small possibility.

When you say the water checked out what were the parameters?

IMO their were way too many fish in the tank anyhow. I highly recommend he not add any fish to the tank at least until he gets things under control. It stinks that things like this happens but it sounds like he needs some help to get things going well.

Your missing fish may be hiding from your clowns or as far as I can tell maybe your friend even has a creature like the one on the main home page lurking behind his rock.

I know the words on this screen seam cruel and cold but they are meant to get you thinking and hopefully draw more information out so that others can chime in and help as I wish you and your friend only the best.

James