Has anyone used Nanocustoms?

JonnyF

Hello, I am new to saltwater, been on the site for sometime. Anyways, i got my 37 gallon all set up to the best of my abilities, and I have a 8 gallon Biocube FW setup. I was looking at getting a 12 gallon Nanocube from Nanocustoms.com.

I was thinking of getting this one: nanocustoms

Or this one: nanocustoms

^^ I like the second one better just because of the price :). On the second ones lighting i was thinking of getting first: 50/50 10000k/7100k, second: 10000k daylight, third: Actnic blue, in the hood refugium lights, r2 5 led moonlights, silenX 16db fans.

I was also going to add the optional 20000k ushio HQI and the refugium lighting (external).

First question: Is this a good site to order from, has anyone purchased from them before?

Second question: Is this tank with all the mods adequate for a reef tank?

Third question: I'm thinking of keeping some mushrooms, pom pom xenia, and some hammerspawn, possibly some other things. Do I even need these upgraded tanks, could i make do with an un-modded tank?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

FCatCH76

nanocustoms is a great place, I used their Biocube 144w upgrade. Great kit and great customer service. Your choice for tanks depends on what livestock you intend to keep.

HTH

JonnyF

I was thinking of pom pom xenia, mushrooms, and some hammerspawn possibly some other things, probably no hard coral though. Not 100% on that though. Of course some inverts, + LS + LR, and one or two fish.

chipmunkofdoom2

If you truly want hard corals, plan for the HQI upgrade. If not, I'd say just get the PCs. I think all of what you would want can survive under PCs, aside from the possible SPS of course.

JonnyF

Well actually after a long talk with my parents, I have the OK to get a little bit of a bigger tank then the 12 gallon nano cube, so I'm looking into some other types as we speak.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Sweet! Bigger is better most of the time. Just make sure the "other" aspects of the tank are accounted for (More salt etc).

How big are you thinking?

JonnyF

Well I made another topic, I was thinking of something up to 34 gallons, but I really don't want to spend $600 on a system so I may just go with the 12 gallon deluxe or the 28 gallon Powercompact bulb setup. Both of those come with a free stand too :)