Search results

1. H

150w sun pod for sale

Hello everyone I havent been on this forum in a long time but I am selling whats rest of my equipment. There is nothing wrong with this light setup I am just selling because I didnt have time to care for my tanks anymore. I had it set up on my 20 gallon long and I could grow just about anything...
  2. H

Compatibility of these two gobies

I have had a yellow watchmen for around six months and he is doing great. While on vacation this week I went to a local pet store and they had a pink spot gobie which looked just like my yellow watchmen just a lighter body color with pink and green spots. So my question is will they be ok in the...
  3. H

ich on tang

i just bought a yellow eye tang and I put him straight into my display tank (stupid thing to do) but he looked really healthy. This morning I noticed that he had a few white dots on his front two fins. He acts normal and gets too excited about food so I dont think he has it that bad. Ive been...
  4. H

would these be compatable

I have been wanting and researching about manderin dragonets for a while now and I am thinking about picking one up pretty soon. I just read somewhere that a manderin will get in a fight with a blenny or even kill it is this true? I have a blue spot jaw fish in my tank right now and I really...
  5. H

marineland led double bright light questions

Hello everybody my lfs just got a new shipment of goods within the last week and they got some marineland led double bright lighting systems. They have 1200 lumens (not really sure what that means). The box said it is powered by 16 one watt led lights which doesnt sound like very much...
  6. H

Anemone got sucked into power head please help

I have a condylactis anemone that just got it's tenticles sucked into one of my power heads. It trimmed off a lot of it's tenticles now they are only a few inches long but I have some quick questions? Will the cut off tenticles nuke my tank because I can't find any of them? Will the anemone be...
  7. H

Help my water is green

Three days ago my aquarium water just turned green. It has never been like that before. I started looking it up on the computer and doing research but its all for fresh water. I use Rodi water from my pet store and all my parameters are fine. I have a anemone, yellow watchmen, and a BSJF in the...
  8. H

is my condylactis dyeing

My condylactis anemone was doing great for the last 3 months. It was always out and very sticky and responsive to touch. I fed it shrimp every other day and it always grabbed it right when it touched the shrimp. But over the weekend my mom was suppose to feed my fish and turn the lights on and...
  9. H

frag tank filtration

I have a 10 gallon frag tank right now with a power filter that came with my 55 gallon aquarium. I dont have many frags in there right now just a mushroom some zoanthids and star polyps. All are doing good except the star polyps I think its because off too much tank changing for them. I have...
  10. H

I think I have cyano algae please help

In my frag tank there is this redish brown algae that grows on my brown star polyps and my green ones. It only grows on them and is killing them. It has strands that come off and sway with the current and there are bubbles trapped in a lot of it. I pull as much off as I can but it comes back. I...
  11. H

Is this too many fish for my tank

I have a 55 gallon aquarium in the works and I wanted to know if my fish list would be ok. I have 90lbs of live sand, 15lbs of live rock, and 40lbs of marco base rock. There are tons of hiding places, tunnels, etc. Currently I have two damsels that I plan on moving to another tank soon and a...
  12. H

does my goby have ich

I just bought a diamond goby 2 days ago and I just noticed a few little white spots on his fins. I aclimated him for 2 hours by pouring my tank water in the bag every 15 minutes. Right when I put him in he went to work and dug 2 really nice caves. If he was stressed I wouldnt think he would have...
  13. H

are my power heads good for my tank

I have a 55 gallon tank that has 15lbs of live rock and 40 lbs of base rock 90 lbs of live sand. Right now I only have 2 blue damsels and a diamond gobie. I am waiting to add my coral after I get all my fish. I just bought two 800 gph powerheads and I wanted to know if thats not enough flow too...
  14. H

Film on the surface

I have that nasty film on the surface of my water. I really want to get rid of it since its blocking some light from getting through. Its a 55 gallon tank and it doesnt have a overflow. For my filtration system I have a algae scrubber in my sump and the water gets there from pvc pipe sticking...
  15. H

lighting?

Hello everybody, I just bought a lighting system for my tank. It is a 48" power compact lighting system. It has four 64 watt bulbs two are normal bulbs and two are the actinic. It isnt making my tank as bright as I would like so I started looking for higher watt bulbs. I found a package of...
  16. H

help me figure out what these are

I just found some of these things in my tank. I have a in tank hydrometer the kind that suction cup on the side. There are a bunch of little white things that look like baby sea monkeys. They swim around inside the hydrometer. You can just make out a ovalish body with a tail, you can see them...
  17. H

does my lighting system have a ballast

Sorry but im really new to reefing. I just got my lighting system in to day the guy said that it had a ballast but I dont know if it does. I pluged it in and it ran for about 10 to 15 minutes then I guess blew the power out of that outlet. All my filtration and everything stopped. So I was...
  18. H

question about breeding clown fish

I have a question about breeding clownfish. I have a 60 gallon tank that just got finished cycleing about a week ago. I have 80 lbs of live sand and about 20 lbs of live rock. I am getting 40 more lbs of base rock within the next two weeks. My lighting system is a 260watt fixture with two of the...
  19. H

Please help I have a question about my lighting!!!!

I have a 65 gallon tank that is cycleing right now and the lights I have in it only give about 1 watt per gallon. I found some metal halide lights that I want but I was wondering if it would be too much lighting. I was going to get two 150 watt metal halide bulbs and 2 14 watt blue t5 bulbs. I...
  20. H

rocks?

Sorry for so many threads but will any rock work in my reef tank. Its a 65 gallon tank and I have 5 pounds of live rock and plan to get more and around 20 pounds of base rock. I was looking at the base rock and noticed how much it looks like a lot of rocks we have laying around. My mom collects...