Anemone got sucked into power head please help

I have a condylactis anemone that just got it's tenticles sucked into one of my power heads. It trimmed off a lot of it's tenticles now they are only a few inches long but I have some quick questions? Will the cut off tenticles nuke my tank because I can't find any of them? Will the anemone be ok it's out right now but just really limp? Please help I really don't want my tank to get nuked

JonnyF

I personally have my Powerheads protected, you might want to look into doing that.

The anenome might be ok might not, I don't have much experience with them, but I have had friends that had this happen, and their anemone(s) full recovered.

Hope this helps until someone more experience sees this :).

sambrinar

I just had my nem GBTA get caught on a korolia nano Thursday (not the impeller mind you.. just the screen).. 2 small spots.. he looked ok ...then on Friday.. WOW... face down in the sand... he look so bad that I moved him to a HT.. where he died on Sat...

After that experience, if the nem is not attacted to a rock currently I would transfer some DT water, some rock that is from the DT and a small powerhead to a 10gal or something HT until you are sure he will recover

as mentioned above... some recover, some don't

ok thank you for all the help but is it ok if some of the tenticles are in the tank somewhere because I cant find any of them. They wont nuke my tank just the accual anemone right?

spssick

I dont buy into the the haveing to have the PH's screened,i have 3 nems a RBTA and a GBTA all on the same island rock in my tank,as long as you dont have a ph right next to it ure fine.thats my 2 cents

as far as the tenticals nukeing ure tank,it all depends on how good of skimmer,flow ect. you have