does my goby have ich

I just bought a diamond goby 2 days ago and I just noticed a few little white spots on his fins. I aclimated him for 2 hours by pouring my tank water in the bag every 15 minutes. Right when I put him in he went to work and dug 2 really nice caves. If he was stressed I wouldnt think he would have started sand sifting or digging caves this fast. Ive been feeding him formula one and he is eating great. He started eating 30 minutes after I put him in the tank. I dont see how he could be stressed acting like this but you never know. If he has ich what is the best treatment to get?

Thanks for any information.

I have a 55 gallon tank with 15 lbs of live rock 40 lbs of marco base rock and 90lbs of live sand. I currently only have 2 blue damsels, 1 diamond goby, 10 hermit crabs, 3 big turbo snails, 6 margarita snails, and 4 of the burrowing snails. I dont have any of my corals in there yet because I was waiting until I get all my fish incase somthing like this happens. There are plenty of tunnels, caves, arches, and places to hide. If you need to know anything else feel free to ask.

I don't have any photos because I can't find the camera but I think I'm just going to get some medicine and dose the whole tank since I don't have any corals and my damsels probably have it now to

wm23oh

I highly recommend you do NOT dose the main tank. If you have live rock, live sand, or anything else in their it may kill it off causing a cycle (lots of ammonia) that can make things 100% worse. I highly recommend using another tank for treatment.

Remember when you treat the tank you WILL cause a cycle as all the good bacteria will be killed off. Please read the link I gave you and follow Lee's recommendations.

:hammerhea

James

I am currently in the process of doing a hypnosalinity treatment in my 10 gallon frag tank. I moved all my frags to my two gallon and I had one question I have some sand in the hypnosalinity tank is that going to mess anything up? I am using some sort of ich treatment that I got from walmart along with hypnosalinity I dont know how well it works but its all I could find. He is doing great his breathing has slowed down a lot and he is swimming around and digging tunnels like usual. I had to destroy the rockscaping in my 55 gallon to catch him Im kind of sad but its worth it. It is very nerve racking doing this to my goby I am so nervous that I am going to do somthing wrong.

just an update if anybody is still reading this my goby is doing exellent. There are no more white spots on him. Ive been feeding him garlic soaked formula one like crazy and he seems to enjoy it. I am going to leave him in the tank for a month or two longer if there are no more signs of ich.