Search results

1. CaRSMDuke

Just got my RSM 130!

On the lights have you plugged something else into the outlet in the RSM box to make sure that it isn't the lights instead of the switch ? Remember to check the light switch next to the timer on the hood as well. If the light power switch is bad this could kill both the lights and leds. For the...
  2. CaRSMDuke

ricordias

Make sure if you dose iodine you also test for iodine. Before you start adding iodine check all water parameters if the levels are right make sure that the rics are not getting lighting that is too intense. Next make sure the water flow is "moderate". If rics get too much light or too much or...
  3. CaRSMDuke

What kind of tank....

Katie, Welcome to RS. I agree with what DaveK had to say. I would add that as you encounter specific questions as to requirements of some livestock, or peoples experience with various methods of set-up such as filters, fuges, lighting etc. ask your questions in the various forums and I am sure...
  4. CaRSMDuke

Impellar for Protein Skimmer stuck once again for the 250!!!!

Lakersfreak, It sounds like you aren't checking your water quality weekly. On water changes my experience is to change 10% or slightly more every 7 days. IMHO Due to the lack of changes and your description of your coral you should begin more aggressive changes 25%+ every couple of days...
  5. CaRSMDuke

hey

Welcome to RS Forum. You will find plenty of help here with any questions. Just look for the right forum and post 'em up. Try and always give as much specific info as possible to get the best advice.
  6. CaRSMDuke

Octopus reef dream 350 galon

Absolutely INCREDIBLE tank. Truly a stunning display of fish and coral.
  7. CaRSMDuke

ricordias

Where are they located in your tank? When did you add them? Do you have any pictures? What are your water parameters? Do you dose the tank ? If yes with what? People will be glad to help but need some info to go on.
  8. CaRSMDuke

Returning

Phil, Hard to stay away from this hobby. Welcome to the RS Forum. The terms and equipment have changed but the goal remains the same, create the best possible enviroment for the animals. The new gear makes it easier.
  9. CaRSMDuke

New Nano-Reefer

Hello New Nano Reefer, Welcome to the RS forum. You will find on this forum that there are lots of helpful people. If you have questions ask them and you will get answers. Sounds like your off to a good start. Test water, change water and watch for stress.
  10. CaRSMDuke

Is a skimmer necessary on a 150 gal tank?

I agree with Big Al and Squiers on this one. You need one but be patient and start it after the tank cycles. Having done it both ways in the past this was for me the better option.
  11. CaRSMDuke

New Tank Questions

Scubamattv, You may want to start a new thread asking for an ID on the worms if you can get a picture or find an image on line. I'm sure someone on RS can give you an ID and sound advice of what to do.
  12. CaRSMDuke

colt and toadstool

A colt does have toxins that can sting other corals. This has a great effect on some species.
  13. CaRSMDuke

New Tank Questions

There has been lots of good advice here that I definately agree with. Take your time and let the tank cycle, test the parameters, get at least one good water change in then add your cuc or fish ( I prefer cuc). Keeping a log of tests also additions of fish, coral, rock or anything that might...
  14. CaRSMDuke

What is the best test kit and why?

I am right with Doc and Moto Reef on this one. The plan as layed out by Doc is exactly the road I traveled.
  15. CaRSMDuke

back chambers

Sorry on last post I left out that in the chamber where the submersible chiller pump would be located I have plumbed the suction and return lines for the external pump and chiller.
  16. CaRSMDuke

back chambers

A little pimp for Stevie, He ships to the UK. On my tank ... Chamber 1 is Stevie Ts poly w/ chempure(1/2 unit) and purigen. Then stock skimmer then heater. Then in chamber of death chaeto w/ submersible light and Stevie Ts poly before return pumps.
  17. CaRSMDuke

Nano tank temps

I hold the temp at 78 to 80. Very little temp swing happy fish and coral.
  18. CaRSMDuke

Need some help, my 29g just crashed...

Welcome to the RS forum sorry I missed that in my first post. For re-start let the tank set fallow for 7 to 8 weeks. Testing and making sure that the water parameters are doing well. Make sure everything is operating as it should, then start slowly and plan ahead. Test the water and observe...
  19. CaRSMDuke

Need some help, my 29g just crashed...

With no water test results it is really hard to tell just what happened. IMHO Your observation of uneaten food leads me to believe that nitrates were the result of over feeding, lack of testing / observation, and the use of a canister filter. Unless the canister filter is maintained on schedule...
  20. CaRSMDuke

Do you put it back

Wipe it, sweep it, vacuum it, make it go away.