back chambers

RaysReef

Has been struck by the ban stick
I've got carbon and phosguard. Bio media removed. Bubble trap sponge removed (ATO float in there). I only use filter cartridge when doing maintenance in the back. I use the stock skimmer and mechanical filter. Heater is there but always switched off. Chiller pump in the small pump chamber.

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
phil - on my 130D... I am running the black filter right back, stock skimmer center, left back (chamber of death) bio-balls & chemi-pure elite on top of the bio-balls in place of the stock carbon.

I wash the filter & skimmer out about twice a week & the bio-balls I rinse in ro/di monthly. I may change this up one day, but so far I have had great success running my rsm stock as designed with great water quality and happy fish & coral. I am not advocating this as best practice, just what is working well for me.

dmyers557

I'm running a tunze 9002 skimmer with StevieT's media rack with black sponge, chemipure elite, and purigen.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
^ could recommend as one proven method & quality upgrade from the stock rsm... both of the above members have beautiful tanks
745.gif

CaRSMDuke

A little pimp for Stevie, He ships to the UK.
On my tank ...
Chamber 1 is Stevie Ts poly w/ chempure(1/2 unit) and purigen.
Then stock skimmer then heater.
Then in chamber of death chaeto w/ submersible light and Stevie Ts poly before return pumps.

CaRSMDuke

Sorry on last post I left out that in the chamber where the submersible chiller pump would be located I have plumbed the suction and return lines for the external pump and chiller.

Mavjoy

I got my Tunze skimmer, ATO sensor, heater, pump for my reactor + tubing and media rack(currently holding a small bag of chemi pure elite). I'm about to remove the rack completely out from the back chambers for good soon. I'll be running another reactor for carbon.