Octopus reef dream 350 galon

brikeibur

LOL, no jokes....

The tank and photos are out of this world!

I have to know though, what kind of camera and lens set up are you using? Your photos are amazing.

juanell

LOL, no jokes....

I have to know though, what kind of camera and lens set up are you using? Your photos are amazing.

THE CAMERA IS NOT THE ISSUE ITS THE LIGHTING AND POSSABLEY IF DIGITAL WHEATHER HE TRATED IT AS A FILM CAMEAR SETTING UP THE iso AND PAYING CLOS ATTENTION TO APERTURE FOR DEPTH OF FIELD

GOOD QUESTION, I MUST SAY LIGHTING GLASS IS NOT AN EASY TASK, AND FISHTANKS ARE NEVER EASY, SEE THE CRAP I'VE DONE AND YOU'D GET ME, OBVIOSLY HE DID NOT USE FLASH,

brikeibur

Yeah, I have a Canon Rebel Xti and I use manual settings (change aperture, lens speed, white balance, and iso manually) and usually no flash, unless necessary, but I'm pretty sure he has a good lens there. I have the default lens that came with my camera (good, but not great).

I want a macro sooo bad!! I want like a 50 mm or 60 mm macro, a 100 mm would be nice, but they are too expensive for me. He may be using a macro with a macro ring light........hmm....

I am soooo curious to know!! They are very stunning pics!

Octopus

dude i'm very impressed, and your gallery is um, well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! need i say more, HOW DO YOU DO IT? COM ON MAN, ARE YOU A WIZARD? WHO DO YOU WORK FOR? ARE YOU A HOLOGRAM, AND YOU REALLY LIVE IN OZ?

I haven’t been on forum for a long time.

juanell...Thanks for comment. I see you looked the link in my signature for the gallery of my tanks. Glad you like it. Yes... beside reef aquaristic I'm also interested in aquascaping. I don't know how much you as reef aquarists are interested in aquascaping but for me it's one more challenge beside everyday reef occupation.

Here is some news from my reef. They tell a picture is like 1000 words...

Salarias fasciatus breeding.

salarias-mrest3.jpg

salarias-mrest.jpg

salarias-mrest2.jpg

Octopus

LOL, no jokes....

Nothing special... Canon EOS 400D (Digital Rebel XTi)
Lenses:Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DC OS

BaxReefs

I am just in amazment over this system!

But, I keep coming back to this picture. Your favorite tang is the sohal, but are you keeping two?!? With other tangs!?!? Successfully?!?!!? Or is that stiching of photos?

First tank 200 cm x 55 x 50 / October 2007

post-3482-1192705008.jpg

Either way, beautiful fish & corals!!!

Fantastic! :colorful:

:lurk:

lcstorc

You have to put it in context with the size of the tank. They are able to claim territory and have a lot of swimming room. They would also have lots of stuff to nibble on the rocks.

brikeibur

Nothing special... Canon EOS 400D (Digital Rebel XTi)
Lenses:Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DC OS

I have to get me a macro. Those 100mm macro's are really amazing.

You have some beautiful photography skills! VERY crisp and clean pics, and your colors are not distorted at all.

You inspire me to play with my camera more and learn the appropriate settings for taking photos of my aquarium.

GORGEOUS tank and inhabitants....you are the man!!

BaxReefs

You have to put it in context with the size of the tank. They are able to claim territory and have a lot of swimming room. They would also have lots of stuff to nibble on the rocks.

Even with a 350! Hats off for getting a sohal aclimated and happy! Much less two! Especially with all the other tangs in there! Just awesome!