Search results

1. S

Chaeto $10

I have 4 fist sized clumps of chaeto to sell. $10 includes priority shipping.
  2. S

Chaeto for sale

2 sandwich bag size balls of chaeto for sale. Shipped priority mail for $10 each bag.
  3. S

Hydor Koralia 3 excellent condition

Excellent condition and fully cleaned. Comes with instructions and all extra pieces. $30 shipped.
  4. S

To anyone who uses Chemi-Pure Elite

Can I open up the bag and dump the contents into a phosphate reactor? I don't forsee any possible problems...
  5. S

Maxijet 1200

Clean and in Excellent working condition. $20 shipped.
  6. S

Omega 3 supplement

I know that many people use Selcon to boost w3 levels for their fish. I'm assuming the w3 in this solution comes from a marine origin. I was just wondering if anyone uses flax oil or fish oil as a supplement of omega 3s. I can't think of a difference between them.
  7. S

Are these IDR's?

The metal is one entire piece. Just wondering.
  8. S

I one day wish to have a clam

I have a 55 gal reef with 215 W T5 lighting. I would love to get a clam one day in the future. I understand that any SPS would have to be placed high up and probably would grow very slowly. Is it possible in my tank?
  9. S

Acan receding

I bought a nice green Acan about 2 weeks ago. I noticed it has been slowly receding over time. I just bought a brand new Catalina 216W T5 fixture and even though the Acan is on the bottom, some of the polyps are still bleaching! I just squirted some cylopeeze over it although I see no feeder...
  10. S

Power Outtage

Here in Memphis we just had a number of big storms and I was without power for 15 HOURS! Amazingly everything in the tank seems fine, although all the gsp are curled up and not vibrant looking. I didn't measure the temp but how long does it take without power for a tank to go downhill?
  11. S

Power compacts and corals

I have a 55 gal reef that I ultimately want to grow alot of LPS in and possibly an rta in the future. I currently have 130 w PC. My frogspawn seems to be doing well 5 in below the fixture. If I upgrade to 260 w PC will it be strong enough for alot of LPS, or should I supplement with a smaller...
  12. S

vacation problems

I will be leaving on vacation soon for 2 weeks and am worried about how to top off my tank. I do not have a ro/di unit nor can I afford one at the moment. There is no one to come and top it off for me so I had originally planned to shut off both koralias and let a biowheel filter run for some...
  13. S

Feeding Corals

I have 2 big leathers and 1 frogspawn in the tank. Before I had been feeding them maybe once a month with Kent microvert, just putting a few drops in a high area of flow. At the LFS yesterday I saw a can of Coral Frenzy that caught my eye. Is this better to feed the corals? And should I feed...
  14. S

Ich epidemic

I have an epidemic of ich in my tank (small white spots all over the fish's body). It has already claimed my orchid dottyback, anthia, and ruby headed wrasse. They have all gone down within the last 2 days which really surprised me. I can see now that my 2 damsels and 1 coral beauty are heavily...
  15. S

Coral Beauty pale head

I just acquired a mature Coral Beauty from a friend. After drip acclimating him for 2 hrs I introduced him into the 55 gal and shut the lights off for the rest of the night. It took him 2 days but he is now swimming among the live rock and has started eating. He has beautiful coloration however...
  16. S

Aquacon

Saltwater Fish: Aquarium Saltwater Fish and Tropical Fish. I purchased a nice Nova Extreme 48" strip that arrived in very fast condition. However I decided that I didn't need it and returned it. I shipped it back via FedEx and it took 3 weeks from the day they received it to get a refund! I...
  17. S

adding lights to existing tank question

I have a 55 gal with 130 w PC that has been running for almost a year. I have one zoa colony that is growing moderately and 1 Finger Leather that is growing nicely. I want to add to the lights to get faster growth and was thinking of adding a small 54 wt T5 so I could one day put some LPS in the...