Acan receding

I bought a nice green Acan about 2 weeks ago. I noticed it has been slowly receding over time. I just bought a brand new Catalina 216W T5 fixture and even though the Acan is on the bottom, some of the polyps are still bleaching! I just squirted some cylopeeze over it although I see no feeder tentacles. Here are my stats:

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
Phosphate 1
Temp 81
Salin 1.025

Does anyone have any suggestions?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Have you tried any "Iodine Dips" or anything?

How often do you do water changes?

What size is the tank?

What light did you have before the new one?

I change 10% of the water once a week. It is a 55 gal. I used to have a 130 wt PC but I am acclimating the light by removing one layer of eggcrate per week. I do not have any peppermint shrimp.

Does an iodine dip have to be performed in saltwater or RO/DI water?

seafansar

Do the dip in saltwater and follow the directions on the bottle. I use lugol's solution.

How much flow is the acan getting? Is it close to any other corals that might sting it? Have anything else that might be nipping it like fish?

When my acans aren't looking good, I usually move them around in the tank until I find a place they like. Wish I could help more!

It's not close enough to get stung by a coral. I assume it's getting enough flow but I will try moving it somewhere. The other day I saw my damsel flash itself against it and I am pissed!!!!!!! I will not rest until that damsel is out of my reef.