Aquacon

Saltwater Fish: Aquarium Saltwater Fish and Tropical Fish. I purchased a nice Nova Extreme 48" strip that arrived in very fast condition. However I decided that I didn't need it and returned it. I shipped it back via FedEx and it took 3 weeks from the day they received it to get a refund! I called multiple times every day and they never answered the phone. They also ignored most of my emails. When I sent them an email with an attached proof of signature delivery, the man dealing with the problem claimed it was received and would be refunded the next day. A week and a half later I received my refund minus 25% restocking fee. This is poor customer service and not deserving of my business.

DaveK

I would agree that they should have issued a refund sooner.

However the 25% restocking fee is stated in on their web site. Obviously, you also had to pay shipping both ways too. I do think the 25% restocking fee is too large, for a non-special order item.

This is one of the pitfalls of purchasing equipment online. You often get a great price, but you do take some risk if you need to send it back. Make sure everything you order is something you don't plan to return. Also, it is best to use a major credit card, so you can dispute the amount via the credit card company, if the vendor you are dealing with really does wrong by you.