Search results

1. jgking21

Skimmer Question via Video

I've had this skimmer for about 2 years now. It has worked great, but recently the foam is not foam, it's very wet and the bubble pop quickly. I the video helps show you what I dealing with.
  2. jgking21

Electronic Ballast

How long do Electronic Ballast typically last? I've had mine running 2 years with no problems, but today for some reason it did not fire up. Any input on this will be greatly appreciated, I don't want the corals going without light for to long.
  3. jgking21

Calcium/Alk are High

Run Down: Salinity: 1.024 Temp: 81 (drops to about 78 before lights come on) pH: 8.2 Ammonia: 0 Nitrite: 0 Nitrate: <5 Calcium: 500 Alk: 14 Used Refractometer and API Test Kit (doesn't have magnesium). What can be done to low Calcium/Alk? I thought Alk would be low if Ca is...
  4. jgking21

RO/DI Unit

I'm looking into purchasing this unit: OCEAN WAVE FIVE STAGE 75 GPD RO/DI (Second Filter on the page) Any feedback is greatly appreciated, don't want to throw money away!
  5. jgking21

Juice's 25 Gallon Reef

Some of you have seen my 54 Gallon Build, so I thought I start a Thread on my old tank. I started with a 20 Gallon Tall and moved to a 25 Gallon. Here are a bunch of pics through the years. It was started in 2005 (May or June) and I only wish I kept track from day 1. 12-06-05 6-2-06...
  6. jgking21

My New Vertex Skimmer!

My new skimmer came today, I'm more excited than a 6 year old on Christmas Morning!!! Big Thank You to Premium Aquatics for very fast shipping! Placed the order on Sunday, received shipping email on Monday and received order on Wednesday (shipped UPS ground). Picture Time! No damage...
  7. jgking21

Drain Bubbles Help Please!

I'm getting a lot of bubbles from the Drain Line, can anyone help? Here's the deal, I've got an 1 1/4" Drain Line and I think there is a lot of air in the line. I'm only turning over around 400 gph and I believe the 1 1/4" can hold up to 1200 gph. I added a Valve to the end, but this only...
  8. jgking21

Help with Skimmer Decision

So I'm trying to decide on these 2 skimmers, please help! This will be set up in a sump on my 54 gallon. Gen II Vertex Internal Pinwheel Skimmer 100 (the 180 has too large a foot print from my sump) or ASM G-1X In-Sump Skimmer w/pump I've notice alot of people like the ASM, but...
  9. jgking21

Juice’s 54 Gallon Build

Thanks for coming along!!! I first must Thank Everyone for all the past threads, I’ve learn so much and can’t wait to build this set up out! Here is the set up: Plans for the set up, REEF!!! I’ve got a 250w M/H that I will hang from the ceiling. As for live stock I am undecided at...
  10. jgking21

Epoxy Putty

Hey everyone I'm looking to use Epoxy to hold a few rocks together. I picked this stuff up at a local ACE, does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
  11. jgking21

OT: Go Unc!!!

Today 4 o'clock UNC vs. Dookie, go UNC!!!!!!!!!!
  12. jgking21

DIY Sump Build

So after do all this reading, I've decided to DIY a sump out of an old 20 tall. Here it is, I think i'm doing 3 chambers, the first will be for the fuge, the second for protien skimmer and anything esle. I think I'm doing the bubble trap correct here, input will be taken! Then the area for...
  13. jgking21

New Set-up Need Assistance Please...

Setting up a new reef tank, need input please! Here goes, I'll be setting up a 54 Gallon Reef Tank and have purchased just about everything, or so I thought! I've got this wet/dy, but realized I should have gone with a refugium (joined RS after I made the purchase). Since I've already...
  14. jgking21

These lights any good?

Has anyone seen these lights before? 250W Metal Halide Pendant Lights I am looking to hang a metal halide over a 54 Gal Corner, thought this was nice cause you could add the T5's later. Money is kind of any issue at this time, I'm upgrading from a 25 Gal so most of my money is in the tank...
  15. jgking21

54 Gallon Corner Dimensions

Looking for good dimensions for a 54 Gallon Corner Tank. Thanks!
  16. jgking21

Lighting Help for New Tank

New guy looking for ideas! Upgrading from: 25 Gallon, Coralife 130W PC Lights, Biowheel filter, Protien Skimmer and UV Steralizer. Going to: 54 Gallon Corner Reef, Wet/Dry Filter (going to run protien skimmer & uv off filter), Lighting Need Your Help! My orginal thought was the...