Drain Bubbles Help Please!

jgking21

I'm getting a lot of bubbles from the Drain Line, can anyone help?

Here's the deal, I've got an 1 1/4" Drain Line and I think there is a lot of air in the line. I'm only turning over around 400 gph and I believe the 1 1/4" can hold up to 1200 gph. I added a Valve to the end, but this only made the bubbles smaller. Any help is greatly appreciated and here's a photo of the set up.

Sump4-21.jpg

jgking21

Thanks, I'm going to the store later today for some water, I'll pick them up and try them out. How often do you have to clean yours? I was affraid they may hold to much debris.

lcstorc

I have 6 of them and change them every other day. It is kind of a pain, but works well as mechanical filtration. Just be sure to change/clean them often so they don't go biological on you.

Jeremy0322

You have to clean them fairly often or they will cause some nitrate issues because of all that crud staying directly in the water column. Just get a few of them and switch them out every few days, then wash them all at once. Are the bubbles making it into your tank, or just into your sump. Cause if its just sump it shouldnt really be an issue. I have a TON of bubbles going into my sump but between the bubble trap and the prefilter sponge none of them make it into my DT.

jgking21

Thanks, I will pick up a few. I work from home so changing them regularly shouldn't be a problem.
The issue is, with the valve the bubbles are small enough and ample enough to make it to the DT, without the valve the bubbles are so big they pop and fiz and I get saltwater everywhere. All my electronics are there so I'm trying to keep salt creep down and every semi clean.
Also, I'll be adding a protien skimmer to the first section, so I'm not sure if that will have any effects.